HR and an Rx for the Bottom Line
- Country's two largest chains slug it out. Levy, Sandra // Drug Topics;11/17/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 22, p61
Compares the strategies of two largest drug chains, Walgreens Advance Care Inc. and CVS Inc. in the U.S. CVS' ExtraCare loyalty card program, which rewards customers with coupons; Walgreen's formula for success since the early 1990s; Total sales and net income of the two companies.
- It's in the genes. O'Reilry, Tim // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/23/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 34, pP20
The article features DNA Shop, a walk-in establishment that focuses on genetic tracing and testing, located in Las Vegas, Nevada, owned by John and Patricia Schoonmaker and Simone Barreto. Some of the challenges the business has faced was the prospect of competing with giant drugstore chains...
- Looking for spark after the dot-com fizzle. Parks, Liz // Drug Store News;4/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p43
Provides information on how dot-com drug companies are profiting from the evolution of Internet commerce in the United States as of April 2001. CVS Corp.; Walgreens; Eckerd; Longs Drugs.
- Chains ramp up efforts in specialty pharmacy. Buckley, Bruce // Drug Store News;8/20/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p31
Deals with the drug store chains in the U.S. that are venturing into the specialty pharmacy arena as of August 2001. Business strategy that will be employed by CVS and Walgreens in the specialty pharmacy sector; Goal of the two drug store chains; Pharmaceutical companies that are establishing...
- A Model of Efficiency. Garbato, Debby // Retail Merchandiser;Jun2004, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p16
Features the U.S.-based Walgreens pharmaceutical company. Factors that contributed to the success and profitability of the company's drug stores; Information on the overall financial performance of Walgreens drug stores; Comparison of Walgreens drug store with the CVS drug store; Status of the...
- Global Drug Retail. // Drug Retail Industry Profile: Global;May 2004, p1
Presents a profile of the Drug Retail industry in the World. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- COMING UP FAST ON WALGREEN'S TAIL. Fields-White, MonÉe // Crain's Chicago Business;3/19/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p4
The article reports that CVS Corp.'s $27-billion takeover of Caremark Rx Inc. cleared its final hurdle recently after both companies' investors approved the deal. CVS has been an intense competitor of Walgreen Co. With Caremark, CVS enters pharmacy-benefits management, a field that negotiates...
- Will yuletide sales be torrid or tepid? Levy, Sandra // Drug Topics;12/8/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 23, p86
Reports on the preparations done by various companies in the pharmaceutical industry to supply the needs of customers for the 2003 Christmas season. Addition of Holiday Shop collection on Walgreens Inc.'s consumers Web site; Holiday gift sale held by CVS Inc.; Healthy gift ideas offered by...
- Was Santa good to chains? // Drug Store News;2/1/99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Offers a look at the financial and sales performance of drug retailers for the 1998 Christmas holiday season in the United States. Walgreens Co.; CVS company; Brooks, Kerr and Longs.