HR is not immune to suits
- Develop good habits. Murphy, Lynn // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p72
Offers tips for personnel management professionals on how to implement CPD programs. Types of behavior of personnel management professionals of keep CPD records.
- Future challenges and opportunities for the HR profession. Heneman III, Herbert G.; Metzler, Cynthia A.; Thomas, Jr., R. Roosevelt; Donohue, Thomas J.; Frantzreb, Riachard B. // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p68
Discusses the future challenges and opportunities in the human resource (HR) profession. Methods of teaching HR competencies to line managers; Risks faced by HR professionals; Challenges faced by HR professionals who hope to remain relevant to their organizations.
- THE POLITICS OF MANAGING PEOPLE. Gerardi, Michael T. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
No abstract available.
- HR career issues... O'Halioran, Esther; Maxted, John // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p17
The article provides an answer to a question on how an old-school human resources (HR) director should start for change management.
- Small companies urged to reap benefits of HR. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;6/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p11
Highlights the strategies of several human resource managers in recruiting and retaining personnel. Importance of employees to the success of small-to-medium enterprises; Reason for giving employees flexible working arrangements; Inclusion of staff development in investment plans.
- Observations from the witness stand. Hugh, Sinclair E. // HR Magazine;Aug1994, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p176
Presents observations on the practices of human resource (HR) professionals. Credibility problems of proactive HR professionals who operate as internal consultants; Need for professionalism; Confidentiality.
- Human resource directors play larger role in corporate growth. Schrader, Martin // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/10/97, Vol. 36 Issue 45, p29
Discusses the importance of a human resources (HR) director in a corporation. Pyramid of personnel people's duties; Factors need to be understood by HR director. INSET: No brain, no gain.
- How to… influence employee behaviour through internal marketing. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;4/8/2003, p35
Shows how personnel managers can influence employee behavior through internal marketing. Motivation to achieve organizational goals; Alignment of employees' attitudes and behaviors with an organization's objectives; Evaluation of success of program.
- DAVID HAIL ON INTERNAL MARKETING. // Personnel Today;4/8/2003, p35
Discusses how personnel managers can influence employee behavior through internal marketing. Importance of internal marketing to human resource professionals; Concept of employer brand; Integration of internal marketing with other human resource strategies.