There Are Answers to Confusing ADA Rules
- ADA: You choose which accommodation to use. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Nov2012, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p1
The article discusses the King v. City and County of San Francisco case, which involves disabled employees' right for reasonable accommodations. The plaintiff sued the human resource (HR) department of San Francisco, California after his request for a claims investigator position was not granted...
- Letter of the law. Brimelow, Russell // Personnel Today;11/19/2002, p16
Presents various developments related to law and legislations in the field of human resources in Great Britain as of November 2002. Removal of all job vacancies related to the field of information technology from the shortage occupation list of the country, effective from September 1, 2002;...
- Disability: Are you doing enough? Ryley, Michael // Director (00123242);Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the Disability Discrimination Bill, a new law on the employment of disabled people in Great Britain which will come into effect in 1996. Employment aspects covered by the bill; Efforts by the National Disability Council to educate the public about the bill.
- Sources of ADA information. E.E.S. // Inc.;Jan92, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p99
Details the Americans with Disabilities Act Services, the ADA enforcement arm, creates the rules and regulations and develops materials to help people comply with the act. Employment-related aspects of the act; More information and associations that provide assistance understanding the...
- Disabled-employment law concerns labor experts. Collins, John; Maldonado, Jose // Caribbean Business;2/6/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p10
Cites the concern aired by labor law experts in Puerto Rico over certain provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunities Law for the Handicapped. Conflict of law with federal law; Provisions under the law being objected to by the experts; Recommendation for review and overhaul of the law;...
- Executive Order 13164 - Requiring Federal Agencies To Establish Procedures To Facilitate the Provision of Reasonable Accommodation. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/31/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p1687
Presents the text of an executive order issued by United States President Bill Clinton, on July 26, 2000, which requires federal agencies to establish procedures to facilitate the provision of employment accommodation for people with disabilities.
- Looking for trouble? Segal, Jonathan A. // HR Magazine;Jul97, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p76
Focuses on Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) which took effect in 1992 with the purpose of requiring employers to focus on individuals' abilities and not their disabilities. Applications for employment; Applications during the interview stage; Preemployment physicals; Discipline and...
- Precis. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan2003, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p42
Presents information on amendments in the 1990 Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) for employment of persons with disabilities in the U.S. Observance of an insignificant change in the employment status of the disabled after the enforcement of ADA; Definitions of the term disability.
- Denkschrift Ã¼ber die Koordinierung und DurchfÃ¼hrung von MaÃŸnahmen zur Eingliederung oder Wiedereingliederung Behinderter in Arbeit, Beruf und Gesellschaft. // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Sozialreform;mar1969, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p173
This article presents a draft of a law on the coordination and implementation of measures to integrate or rehabilitate people with disabilities into the work force and society in West Germany.