Creative Training: Doing More With Less
- Rethinking Training's Financial Obligations. PANGARKAR, AJAY M.; KIRKWOOD, TERESA // TD: Talent Development;Dec2015, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p26
The article discusses the economic value that a company's talent development department can contribute to the organization. Topics covered include viewing talent development as a necessity instead of a luxury, ways to demonstrate talent development's business value while acknowledging its status...
- Jerry Fishman. // EDN;May2013, Vol. 58 Issue 5, preceding p9
The article presents an obituary for Jerry Fishman, chief executive officer (CEO) of Analog Devices Inc.
- What's Left When the 'Bribes' Are Gone. Hall, Robert // Bank Marketing;Mar2001, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p15
Presents a conversation with a general manager of Xchange as of about sales incentives. Flaws in sales incentives; Difference between sales incentives and bribes; Requirements for a good incentive compensation program.
- COMPANY NEWS. // Machine Design;7/7/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p10
The article offers business news briefs as of July 7, 2012. South Carolina-based engineering company Nason has redesigned its Web site. German-based cable and integrated wire supplier the Lapp Group is celebrating the 50th anniversary of its Alflex brand. Susan Feindt of Massachusetts-based...
- Stateside statistics show significance of soft skills. Prickett, Ruth // People Management;03/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p19
Reports that United States-based companies with successful personnel management programs have higher profits and productivity levels according to a survey conducted by the Gallup Organization. Correlations between employees' responses to the survey questions and the companies' performance.
- Good HR practices make companies more competitive. // HR Magazine;Aug1995, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p4
Reports that human resource (HR) practices make a difference in corporate performance according to a survey released by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and CCH Inc. Relation between strong HR practices and strong market performance; Ratings in terms of productivity, market value...
- HR for profit: Selling expertise. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;May95, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p84
Focuses on the emergence of human resource (HR) professionals in the United States who act as outside consultants offering personnel expertise for profit. Companies' decision to sell HR expertise outside due to benchmarking requests; Increasing evidence that HR departments are being forced to...
- Rising salaries. Avery, Mark J. // HR Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p87
Focuses on growing base salary levels in many human resources (HR) jobs. Other trend changes on salaries of HR personnels; Determinant factors of salaries of an HR personnel; Elements compounding salaries of HR personnels in small and large companies; How the HR specialist and general HR...
- Training on a shoestring: 7 ways to trim your costs. // HR Specialist;Apr2013, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p4
The article suggests ways for human resource (HR) personnel to reduce the training budgets of companies, including being selective in who gets trained, reducing the frequency of training sessions, and exploring unconventional alternatives.