HR Software Trends: New Frontiers
- Work commitment: Conceptual and methodological developments for the management of human resources. Morrow, Paula C.; McElroy, James C. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall2001, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p177
Editorial. Focuses on the work commitment conceptual and methodological developments for the management of human resources. Importance of people in an organizational success and failure; Restoration on the credibility of behavioral sciences in business colleges; Overview on the issue of 'Human...
- The newest team member wasn't a team player. Cutler, W. Gale // Research Technology Management;Jul/Aug1996, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p57
Presents a hypothetical human resource problem. Dealing with an employee who fails to perform as a team member.
- HR Takes a Hands-On Approach to Business and Delivers Results. Herring, Kevin // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p42
Presents an alternative model for understanding the value of human resource (HR) departments in the business environment. Traditional view on the role of HR in business; Description of the alternative model of HR value; Guidelines for HR departments to gain market value in a company.
- Traditional HR Valuations Fall Short. // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p50
Presents several models to measure the value of human resource (HR) departments in organizations. Activity-based measurements; HR costing; Benchmarking.
- Valuing human capital. // CMA Management;Mar2000, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p12
Highlights a study by Watson Wyatt Worldwide on the best people practices of North American companies. Improvement in key areas of human capital management or people practices; Practices identified in the study; Basis of the study; Dimensions for creating greater shareholder value; Recruiting...
- The HR I.Q. Test. // HR Specialist;Jun2013, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p8
A quiz concerning human resource management is presented.
- How does your global talent measure up? Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Personnel Journal;Oct94, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p96
Focuses on how to manage human resources (HR) in the global age. Criteria for measuring global performance; Matching of strategic goals with the right global expatriate; Identification of skills and attitudes to develop and measure; Relationship between a good job and the nature of the...
- Strategies for managing creative workers. Caudron, Shari // Personnel Journal;Dec94, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p104
Discusses strategies for the management of creative workers. Tools and resources; Recognition and appreciation; Issues on flexibility and evaluation. INSET: Skills that managers of creatives must have, by SC..
- A SYSTEM FOR ORGANIZATIONAL READINESS. Minter, Robert L. // Training & Development Journal;Oct80, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p52
Discusses a system that can aid organizations in determining if they are in a state of readiness to launch into a human resource planning program. Historical forces and future trends influencing human resource planning; Human resource planning readiness questionnaire.