Resources for Telecommuting
- To commute, or Not To Commute. // IT Professional;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p59
Features a Web site about telecommuting. Availability of articles, resources and tips about the teleworking lifestyle; Chat room; Discussion board.
- Traffic World's Internet browser. // Traffic World;1/15/96, Vol. 245 Issue 3, p40
Recommends Internet sites that offer information on telecommuting. Telecommute America; Bay Area Telecommuting Assistance Project; Successful Management in the Virtual Office home page developed by Bernie Kelly and Bruce McGraw; European Community Telework/Telematics Forum.
- New ways of working. Chapman, Christy // Internal Auditor;Oct97, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p9
Provides information on the alternative options offered by employers in internal auditing. Percentage of the United States executives that offer either a formal or informal flexible hours program for their employees; Account on the 9-80 schedule; Difficulties that certain organizations may...
- Flex time. O'Neill, Adrienne // Single Parent;Spring95, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p25
Discusses the popularity of flexible work schedules in the United States. Reasons for telecomuting arrangements; Advantages; Industry leaders; Factors in considering telecommuting arrangements.
- Rapid Response. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/8/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p25A
Answers a question on the effects of telecommuting and flexible time arrangements on co-workers who are in the office full-time. Skepticism of some employees on the productivity of telecommuters; Appropriate techniques in handling negative feelings toward telecommuters.
- Survey: Firms flexing for employees. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/29/97, Vol. 44 Issue 39, p36
Details the results of a survey on flextime and telecommuting initiatives offered by employers in the United States. Companies' elimination of the traditional nine-to-five work day.
- For many employers and their telecommuters--there's no place like home. Curcio, Joanne C. // Caribbean Business;6/29/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p56
Discusses benefits provided by telecommuting for both employers and employees in the United States. Employees' preference for a flexible work schedules that allow more time at home; Increased employee satisfaction; Estimates of the actual number of telecommuting employees; Major U.S. companies...
- Survey reveals prevalence of flexible hours programs in the workplace. Domeyer, Diane // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/01/97, Issue 322193, p15
Highlights a nationwide survey of executives in the United States regarding the availability of either a formal or informal `flexible hours' programs for their employees, as well as telecommuting options. Departure of many companies from the traditional `9-to-5' schemes; Catalyst for the...
- Workers help define flexible schedules. Fletcher, Lee // Business Insurance;03/27/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the trend of instituting flexible work programs by employers. Launch of compressed workweeks and telecommuting to retain employees; Advantages of flexible arrangements; Creative ways employees can accomplish their work goals.