Competition, Rewards, and Communication Can Increase E-Learning Rates
- Why Online Learners Drop Out. Frankola, Karen // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p53
Focuses on the high dropout rates in corporate electronic-learning (e-learning) courses. Reasons for the high dropout rates; Impact of the lack of managerial oversight on the e-learning dropout rates; Challenges faced by corporate e-learners.
- Tips for Increasing E-Learning Completion Rates. // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p56
Presents several tips for increasing corporate electronic-learning completion rates. Suggestion on developing a culture that takes online learning just as seriously as classroom training; Role of managers on the success of electronic-learning among their employees; Significance of creating a...
- Doling out Computers. Leonard, Sharon // HR Magazine;May2000, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p240
Focuses on the online training system offered by several companies to their employees through a company-provided computer. Potential benefits of the system to the employees; Social, political and economic aspects of implementing the system and other work-related innovative programs.
- They're online and on the job. Lord, Mary // U.S. News & World Report;10/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 15, p72
Discusses electronic training of employees in the United States. Growth of the corporate electronic learning market; Time and money saved through e-training; Incorporation of e-learning with human interaction and teaching.
- Education, It's Not A Luxury. Mathews, Frank // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p164
The article reports on educational initiatives available to bowling center employees. It focuses on employee education options including internal seminars and workshops, external seminars and workshops, online or computer assisted training, and written training materials. It provides sources for...
- Moving into E-Learning. // Moving into E-Learning;1/1/2001, p1
Video Length: 14 minutes. E-learning is the next big application in the digital world. Find out the latest trends and why many strategies fail.
- A Higher Calling for Security. PYRILLIS, RITA // Chief Learning Officer;Apr2014, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on Bill Whitmore, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of AlliedBarton Security Services. Whitmore's focus on occupational training of his company's employees and the firm's EDGE online employee training program for all company employees and executives are discussed. Hiring of...
- Why Does Instructor-Led Training Fail? Murphy, Matt // Cadalyst;Jan2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p36
The article discusses the guidelines for an effective delivery of instructor-led training. The author states that a traditional classroom training is not efficient for employees' productivity because it is not interactive. He suggests the computer-based computer-assisted design training since it...
- What Can Training Do for Brown? Ketter, Paula // T+D;May2008, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p30
The article provides information regarding the United Parcel Service Inc.'s goal to train Generation Y workers using video games and simulations. The company's Integrad learning laboratory offers many different delivery models, such as on-line learning, three-dimensional (3-D) models, podcasts,...