Common Pitfalls and Ways of Avoiding Wage Problems
- Legislative relief. // PHC Profit Report;6/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p7
Presents an excerpt from the May 27, 1996 `National Report,' on the minimum wage bill's inclusion of a provision clarifying that home-to-work travel in company vehicles is not paid time under the wage and hour law. Implications for workers in the plumbing-heating-cooling industry; Expected...
- Wages...Hours. // Labor Law Journal;Sep53, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p641
Presents courts' decisions and rulings concerning wage and hours of labor cases in the U.S. Holiday pay; Overtime pay according to the Walsh-Healy Public Contracts Act; Bonus problems.
- Employment laws. Atkinson, Bob; Seymour, Jay // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct99, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p104
Examines the implementation of wage and hour laws in Alaska. Coverage of the laws; Grant of compensatory time off employees; Authorization of non-exempt employees in overtime pay; Violations in salary deductions of exempt employees; Definition of day rates; Determination of employee exemptions.
- Monitoring your wage and hour practices. Smith, Shawn // Westchester County Business Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p4
Discusses the aspects of wage and hour law where employers commonly run into trouble. Employee classification; Maintaining a salary basis of pay; Payment of non-exempt employees; Correct calculation of overtime; General payroll record keeping.
- Workplace laws go into effect. // San Diego Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p19
Reports on Assembly Bill 60 that requires employers to pay time-and-a-half to employees for work performed in excess of eight hours a day. Change in exemption from overtime pay for administrative, executive and professional employees; Prevention of discrimination based on sexual orientation by...
- HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PENDING AMENDMENTS. // Congressional Digest;Feb66, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p43
Presents a report on the amended version of the bill concerning wage-hour policy of the U.S. administration. Features of the bill; Increase in the minimum wage of employee; Application of maximum hour provision; Provision of minimum wage for agricultural employees.
- Evolution Of Federal Wage-Hour Regulation. // Congressional Digest;Apr72, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p99
Chronicles the evolution of federal wage-hour regulation in the United States. Minimum wage legislation concerning working women and children; States that enacted minimum wage legislation in 1913; First general regulation of wages and hours standard by the federal government affecting private...
- Main Provisions Of The Present Fair Labor Standards Act. // Congressional Digest;Apr72, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p101
Discusses provisions in the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (FLSA). Administration of the FLSA at the federal level by the Wage and Hour Division of the Employment Standards Administration of the U.S. Department of Labor; Minimum wage rates under amendments adopted to the FLSA in 1966;...
- EFFORTS TO ESTABLISH MINIMUM WAGE REGULATION IN AMERICA. // Congressional Digest;Nov36, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p260
Highlights efforts to establish minimum wage regulation in the U.S. Minimum wage laws in Australia; American laws that are confined to women and minors; Minimum wage laws in Great Britain; Massachusetts' approval of the first American minimum wage law; Canada's minimum wage laws; International...