Things to Do: Learn from LaRue
- Work ethic wins administrative jobs. // Career World;Sep95, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p2
Reports that having a good work ethic gives an individual an edge over competitors in administrative jobs according to a survey made by OfficeTeam. Important factors when hiring an administrative employee.
- Restoring the work ethic in America. // Education;Fall/Winter92, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p127
Examines the decline in the work ethic and productivity in America. Work ethic and Puritanism; Indifference and indolence in American work force; Automated technology and employment; Business strategies; Role of educators; Business-education alliances; Involving parents; Restoration of the work...
- Revising the concept of vocation. // Christian Century;10/29/86, Vol. 103 Issue 37, p943
Protestant thought, maintains the author, needs to arrive at a view of vocation that is both realistic about the nature of the workplace and sensitive to the needs of the workers.
- Creating ethical work climates: A socioeconomic perspective. Cohen, Deborah Vidaver // Journal of Socio-Economics;Summer95, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p317
Presents a theory of ethical work and describes how ethical climates can be created in business firms by applying a socioeconomic perspective to the process of organizational design. Concept of moral climate continuum; Conduciveness of positive moral climate to ethical behavior; Strategy for...
- Work smarter not longer. // Secretary;Aug/Sep95, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p6
Presents management professor Lyle Sussman's recommendations on improving work efficiency. Includes eating a healthy diet for energy; Cessation of smoking; Learning to recognize the difference between activity and productivity.
- Principles for infusing ethics in your company. Nixon, Judy C.; West, Judy F. // Business Forum;Fall93, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
Presents tips for enhancing ethical principles in a company. Incorporating ethical values; Building trust; Attitudes of optimism; Being an encourager; Leading by personal example.
- The work ethic--then and now. Lipset, Seymour Martin // Public Interest;Winter90, Issue 98, p61
Discusses various aspects of work ethic. Work ethic in human history; Attitudes toward work; Work behavior; Economic evidence.
- The Relations of Holland-Typed Majors to Students' Freshman and Senior Work Values. Huang, Ya-Rong; Healy, Charles C. // Research in Higher Education;Aug97, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p455
Guided by Holland's (1985) theory of career choice, this study investigated the relationship between Holland-typed majors (RIASEC) and six undergraduate work values (authority, recognition, administrative responsibility, financial success, helping others, and artistic creativity). The...
- Boost in ethics awareness. Martinez, Michelle Neely // HRMagazine;Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p19
Reports on work ethic trends in the United States according to `The 1994 Employee Survey on Ethics in American Business,' by Ethics Resource Center. Percentage of employees who violated company policies; Number of employees provided with ethics training; Likelihood of misconduct in companies...