Gen 2001: Loyalty and Values
- `I'm new; when's vacation?' Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;7/8/97, Vol. 89 Issue 155, p1
Notes that Generation X workers are increasingly seeking flexibility from employers which will enable them to do more outside of work. Percentage willing to sacrifice personal or family life for a career or education; The so-called intolerance for inflexibility; How Generation X workers do not...
- Gen X-ers Focus on Life Outside the Job, Fulfillment. Joyner, Tammy // Secured Lender;May/Jun2000, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p64
Looks at the attitudes of the Generation X employees on work. Flexibility in work; Money and benefits of employees; Self-identity of next generation employees.
- Survey shatters workplace stereotypes. Gawel // Electronic Design;09/20/99, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p32H
Discusses the results of a survey of 400 professionals across the United States to look into similarities and differences between workers of different generations. Percentage of baby boomers, baby busters and generation Xers who are happy as team players; Ratings on company loyalty; Results on...
- Fewer Gen Xers Saving for Retirement. // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;3/23/2004, pN.PAG
Focuses on several studies about the retirement plans of generation X workers in the U.S. Study conducted by the Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies on the participation of 25 to 38-year old adults who worked for small businesses in employee-paid retirement plans; Survey conducted by...
- Generation X posts biggest gap in life insurance coverage. Correia, Margarida // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;10/28/2013, p1
The article focuses on a 2013 study conducted in the U.S. revealing that most Americans, including the Generation X, do not buy enough life insurance to secure the level of protection they would want for their families if they were to die.
- What do young doctors think of their training and themselves? Parkhouse, James; Campbell, M.G. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/30/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6435, p1976
Presents the results of the survey on career preferences and progress of qualified doctors in Great Britain. Assessment of training and self evaluation; Elements of medical practice; Respondents assigning major career importance to elements of medical practice.
- Generation X: What they think and what they plan to do. Losyk, Bob // Public Management (00333611);Dec97, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p4
Presents the results of a survey on attitudes of Americans who belong to the `Generation X.' Patience in looking for a well-paying job; Independence at a young age; Lack of loyalty and commitment to the workplace.
- The X files. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;2/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p105
Focuses on the rituals and feeding habits of members of generation X. Preferences in beverages; Considerations in selecting a restaurant to dine in; Comparison with choices and preferences of previous generations.
- Pop quiz. Allerton, Haidee; Tulgan, Bruce // Training & Development;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
Gives tips on how to manage and motivate generation Xers. Approaches to tap Xers's potential; Risks involved in hiring Xers.