- STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: A ROLE OF THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER IN THE PROCESS OF STRATEGY FORMATION. van Donk, Dirk-Pieter; Esser, Arnout // Human Resource Management Review;Winter92, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p299
Analyzes some of the approaches on strategic human resource management. Concept of strategy as it is commonly used in literature; Analysis of the concept of strategic human resource management; Implications for human resource managers.
- The heart of the matter. Trasler, John; Cope, Mick // People Management;7/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p50
Discusses the need for a humanist approach to learning to deliver tangible business benefits. Considerations in the development of a program capable of delivering genuine behavioral change; Concepts which make up the composition of a personal capital; Benefits from an effective blended learning...
- Investing in the Human Resource. Clarke, Richard L. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb2000, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p16
Comments on the lack of investment on human resources by healthcare organizations in the United States. Why healthcare providers lag behind other employers; Approximate cost of employee training given by organizations; Suggestions on investing in human resource.
- DEFINING ASPECTS OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT STRATEGY WITHIN THE GENERAL STRATEGY OF THE MODERN ORGANIZATION. Emanoil, Muscalu; Nicoleta, Muntean Silvana // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;Jul2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1526
The field of human resources requires the presence and action of several categories of persons and managerial structures interested in the quality of human resources and the activities developed by them. Besides managers and employees there are also the shareholders, the unions, the customers,...
- Inspiring the Employees of Tomorrow. Samuels, Jack // Park World;Feb2010, p9
The article offers the author's insights on how to develop the skills of employees at amusement parks, and mentions the ambassador programme featured at the annual International Association of Amusement Park and Attractions (IAAPA) convention.
- Legoland builds model workplace. // People Management;11/10/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p19
The article focuses on the management training given to year-round staff and seasonal workers at Legoland theme park in Windsor, England. This training was brought about by a 2004 staff survey which showed dissatisfaction with the managers' leadership abilities. According to Sarah McKenna,...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // People Management;10/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p13
This section offers news briefs related to personnel management. According to the findings of the Old Mutual 2005 Healthcare Survey conducted in South Africa, 71 percent of employers have a documented strategy to deal with HIV and AIDS in the workforce. Reports stated that workers at Hong Kong...
- Work commitment: Conceptual and methodological developments for the management of human resources. Morrow, Paula C.; McElroy, James C. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall2001, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p177
Editorial. Focuses on the work commitment conceptual and methodological developments for the management of human resources. Importance of people in an organizational success and failure; Restoration on the credibility of behavioral sciences in business colleges; Overview on the issue of 'Human...
- The newest team member wasn't a team player. Cutler, W. Gale // Research Technology Management;Jul/Aug1996, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p57
Presents a hypothetical human resource problem. Dealing with an employee who fails to perform as a team member.