Sonera's Strategy: Building Trust In The Brand Name
- SmartTrust PKI solution part of U.K. trial. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p60
Reports on the use of the wireless public key infrastructure-based solutions of SmartTrust in Great Britain's first secure mobile digital signature trial.
- Sonera-Telia Merger Shouldn't Affect U.S. Unit. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p6
Reports that SmartTrust, the unit of Finnish operator Sonera Corp. in the U.S., will survive the merger between Sonera and Swedish phone company Telia. Operations that Sonera management decided to shut down; Revenue growth for SmartTrust; Amount paid by Telia to buy Sonera.
- Sonera Prepares For 3G Launch. // Wireless Week;9/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the preparation of Sonera for the launching of its third generation wireless communication service. Network to be used in the launching.
- Sonera opens 3G network. // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the opening of the third-generation wireless network of Sonera Corp. in Finland. Towns covered by the network operation; Total costs of building the network; Minority stakes of Sonera in other European companies.
- Sonera's GPRS service starts Dec. 11. // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p44
Reports on Sonera Corp.'s plan to start a commercial General Packet Radio Service network service in Helsinki, Finland, on December 11, 2000.
- Ericsson to supply Sonera 3G network. // RCR Wireless News;1/1/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
Reports that Ericsson will supply its third-generation UMTS radio access network equipment and services to Sonera.
- Vodafone adopts Sonera portal service. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p58
Reports on the adoption of Sonera's Zed portal service by wireless carrier Vodafone U.K., for use in Great Britain.
- Sonera retreats from wireless data businesses, cuts jobs. // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p26
Reports on the move of Sonera Corp. to retreat from the wireless data services. Downsizing of the company's operations; Revenue of the Zed business unit; Services offered by the Zed portal launched in the United States.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;3/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p24
Presents updates on products and services for wireless communication systems as of March 25, 2002. Information on RemoteLock, an application launched by Onset Technology for securing handheld devices; Mobile DiskOnChip flash disk introduced by M-Systems; Trusted Operator Services introduced by...