Essentials of Life
- Cellular Service Alaska Style. Colby, Kent L. // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr2004, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p16
Discusses the wireless cellular phone industry in Alaska. High level of market acceptance and penetration; United States Federal Communications Commission's requirement for local number portability; Leaders Cellular One from Dobson Cellular Systems and Alaska Communications Systems; Deal...
- Cellular One offers free long-distance, roaming plans. // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p4
Announces Cellular One of Chicago, Illinois' introduction of Digital Edge Midwest and Digital Edge USA, regional and national rate plans that include free long-distance and roaming services. Services offered.
- Cellular One will expand network. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;8/19/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p37
Focuses on Cellular One's multimillion dollar expansion in Puerto Rico for 1999. Impact on the company's time division multiple access cellular network; Areas benefiting from the first phase of expanded coverage; Second improvement phase; Previous roaming agreement.
- Cellular Communications of Puerto Rico, Inc. (NYSE:CLRP). Ortega-Arocho, Pedro // Caribbean Business;10/29/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p53
Provides information on Cellular One, the leading cellular phone company in Puerto Rico. Rights of Cellular One P.R. to use the Cellular One trademark that belongs to Cellular One Group; Number of subscriber of Cellullar One P.R. in the second quarter of 1998; Cellular One's financial data.
- Peep Show. Sweeney, Dan // America's Network;03/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p59
Reports on the possible video component in the third-generation of cellular telephone systems. Factors that hinder the delivery of real-time video content; Companies that claimed the ability to provide video services over second-generation networks; How packet video can be accomplished within...
- Execs, sales reps may lead way on Web-browsing cell phones. Kosseff, Jeffrey // Crain's Detroit Business;02/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the plans of cellular telephone companies in the United States to include Web browsing features in their telephone units. Use of the Wireless Application technology; Target market; Advantages in terms of portability over laptop computers.
- Singapore's labor market attracts prepaid users. Pereira, Joseph C. // Global Wireless;May/Jun2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the increase of prepaid card subscriptions for cellular telephone systems in Singapore as of June 2001. Reasons for the use of prepaid cards; Number of prepaid card subscribers; Information on the prepaid services of telephone companies.
- Who will answer call? // Plastics News;3/19/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p6
Comments on the impact of the sale of cheap cellular telephones on the custom injection molding and processing industries.
- Ring Tones: Just A Start. Rothschild, Dave // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p37
Comments on the popularity of downloaded cellular telephone ring tones, as of November 2001. Drawbacks to the trend; Implications of the service to mobile communications system; Recommendations for the wireless industry.