Bigger Not Always Better
- Wireless networks. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;8/6/98, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p36
Presents information on wireless network solutions offered by OTC Telecom which is represented by Abalon Corp. in Puerto Rico. Information on the company's Web site; Features of the wireless network solutions.
- The first wave. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;03/30/98, Vol. 234 Issue 13, p56
Focuses on the different forms of wireless local loop expected to hit the market. Companies utilizing aired-out loop technology; Benefits of implementing broadband wireless technology; Network buildout efforts.
- Marketing misconceptions. Rubin, Jonathan B. // Telephony;03/30/98, Vol. 234 Issue 13, p61
Focuses on marketing strategies for wireless computer networks. Client expectations aside from low prices; Reasons for switching to other providers; Reasons for wireless telephone use; Profile of the wireless household; Understanding of wireless services. INSET: Wireless market monitor survey...
- Free-space lasers shining as obstacles are overcome. Greene, Tim // Network World;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p28
No abstract available.
- Efficient Communication Strategies for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. Adler, M.; Scheideler, C. // Theory of Computing Systems;2000, Vol. 33 Issue 5/6, p337
An ad hoc wireless network is a collection of wireless mobile hosts forming a temporary network without the aid of any established infrastructure or centralized administration. This type of network is of great importance in situations where it is very difficult to provide the necessary...
- The network transparency challenge. // Telephony;1/9/95, Vol. 228 Issue 2, p22
Reports that wireless networks will undergo another growth spurt with the introduction of the new personal communication services sector. Customers' cellular requirements; What network operators must do to meet the need; Development of network management technology.
- Set your sites for better wireless management. Jones, Chuck // Telephony;1/9/95, Vol. 228 Issue 2, p24
Presents guidelines on network management in wireless communications. Volume of sites required; Optimum site selection; Access/site security; Commercial power availability; Network connectivity and local telco proximity; Space expansion/contraction flexibility; Long-term expenses. INSET: Take...
- When Worlds Collide. Olson, Catherine Applefeld // Wireless Review;06/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p14
Deals with the rapid growth of the wireless local area network (WLAN) system. Significance of speed to the wireless world; Issues on the compatibility of several systems; Significance of Bluetooth products in the market.
- A City That's Wired for Wireless. // BizEd;Jan/Feb2002, p57
Reports on the application of urban wireless network Speedwave to the entire Manchester City in England. Test site for the network; Plans of the Manchester Business School to implement the network on its campus; Use of a blue-tooth technology in the network.
- Racing for the `Last Mile'. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Feb2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the final obstacle for greater voice and data capacity. Provision of bandwidth in the backbone and long-haul network; Technology candidates; Attributes of different access technologies; Digital signal line wake-up call. INSET: Slow Coach..