- Directions On Demand. // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p24
Reports on the voice-enabled driving directions for several cities in the United States launched by Sprint PCS in November 2001. Mechanics of the service; Cost.
- [U] CAN , TOO. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2006, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p40
The article reports on the Transition Administration's approval of the planning-funding agreement for public safety systems of the Utah Communications Agency Network (UCAN), which was forged earlier with Sprint Nextel. UCAN is one of the largest 800 MHz operators in the U.S. Multicast simulcast...
- Jitterbug scores $36.6M in funds. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;8/13/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p3
The article reports that GreatCall Inc. finally found some well-heeled backers for its Jitterbug service. The company received funding from Charles River Ventures, Nauta Partners and Steelpointe Capital Partners. Jitterbug, a mobile virtual network operator using Sprint Nextel Corp.'s network,...
- Sprint Nextel Opts for WiMax. // Electronic News;8/14/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 33, p22
The article reports on the selection of WiMax mobile network technology for Sprint Nextel's for its 4G network. The company plans to complement its EV-DO network with a mobile WiMax network for WiMax-enabled devices such as laptops, ultra-mobile PCs, portable audio and video players, portable...
- Sprint PCS to drop GSM in Washington. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p19
Reports on Sprint PCS' plan to stop operating its Global System for Mobile communications network in Washington, D.C. by the end of 1999. Sprint's purchase of the remaining shares of its partnership with American Personal Communications; Sprint's launch of its code division multiple access...
- Sprint PCS aims to give pictures more presence. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p1
Reports that Sprint PCS has added Sanyo Fisher Company's 8100 camera phone to its camera-phone line-up. Features of Sanyo Fisher Company's 8100 camera phone; Advantages of the Sanyo 8100 over other camera phones; Information on the company's plan to offer embedded camera phones.
- Sprint to expand distribution in Puerto Rico. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;5/16/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p2
Reports on the expansion plan of Sprint PCS in Puerto Rico in 2002. Establishment of express stores in the metropolitan area and kiosks throughout the island; Position of the company as the island's sixth cellular provider.
- Treo nearing real-world entry. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;10/6/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p37
Sprint PCS Group, Cingular Wireless LLC, AT & T Wireless Services Inc. and T-Mobile USA Inc. all plan to start selling the Palm OS-based smart phone in the Fall. Sprint PCS will start selling the device for approximately $500 this month, according to officials at the Overland Park, Kansas....
- Backers of Sprint's 3G net ready with devices, services. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;8/12/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p9
Reports the launching of 3G PCS Vision CDMA 1X computer network by SprintPCS Group in Overland Park, Kansas. Features of the network; Network specification; Usability of the network.