A Year In The Life
- What A Difference A Year Makes. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p20
Focuses on the trends in the wireless communication service industry as of September 3, 2001. Success of the merger between Floware Wireless Systems Ltd. and BreezeCom; Companies that made public offering debuts; Name change of Giganet Ltd. to Ceragon Networks Ltd.
- Breaking News. // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p5
Presents news briefs on wireless communication as of March 2000. Initial public offering of Repeater Technologies; Yellow and White Pages by Nokia and infoUSA.com; Banking platform for real-time account access by USABancShares.com.
- Wireless redesign. Britt, Phillip J. // Telephony;09/21/98, Vol. 235 Issue 12, p54
Focuses on several mergers between wireless communication companies in the United States. Challenges faced by the merged companies; Factors driving the success of a wireless combination; Includes SBC Communications and Ameritech's merger; Nynex Mobile and MetroMobile's combination; GTE's...
- VoiceStream Gives iSteam Official Sendoff. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p3
Provides information on the wireless data services of VoiceStream Wireless, Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless in the United States. Objectives of the joint agreement; Details on the plan for its wireless data services; Benefits of wireless services.
- Fourth-quarter merger and acquisition activity. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
Presents a chart on the merger and acquisition activity in the wireless telecommunication industry in the United States, from October to November 2000.
- Record merger activity slows at year end. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
Reports that the pace of mergers and acquisitions in the wireless telecommunication industry in the United States slowed considerably during the last quarter of 2000.
- The price of freedom. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;01/19/98, Vol. 234 Issue 3, p5
Opinion. Comments on the impact of the merger trends in the United States telecommunication industry on the concept of a seamless, nationwide wireless communication. Failure of several digital platforms to have a seamless coast-to-coast footprint; Merger deal between SBC Communications Inc....
- Tech firms gear up for next wave of Internet advances. Flanigan, James // Caribbean Business;12/16/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p22
Editorial. Discusses the development of wireless Internet. Telecommunication companies whose share prices have risen on expectations of the technological innovations; Plans by Great Britain's Vodafone Airtouch PLC to acquire Mannesmann AG; Bertelmann Inc.'s use of the Internet to distribute...
- Global Briefs. // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p16
Presents updates on the wireless communications industry as of November 22, 1999. Availability of mobile Internet services in Spain from Telefonica Moviles; Expansion of Repeater Technologies in Beijing, China; Deal between Nokia and Mexico's Metro Red to offer services in Mexico City.