What A Difference A Year Makes
- A Year In The Life. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p21
Looks at the achievements and failures of various wireless communication service companies as of September 3, 2001. Merger deal of Floware Wireless with BreezeCom; Name change of Giganet Ltd. to Ceragon Networks; Amount raised by Repeater Technologies from the sale of a percentage of its share;...
- Fizzle Or Sizzle, Wireless IPOs Keep On Coming. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p30
Deals with the increasing number of wireless communication companies that are planning initial public offerings (IPO) in the United States. Plans of some wireless companies to debut with the Nasdaq Composite Index; Percentage of year-to-date aftermarket performance for all IPO in 2000; Process...
- Wireless IPOs Vie For Investor Interest. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/08/99, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p16
Announces the initial public offerings (IPO) of wireless telephone services which vie for investor interest in the United States. IPO price of Triton PCS; Companies that are planning for an IPO; Views on the wireless industry; Actions taken by Sprint PCS.
- Verizon Wireless holds IPO. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;10/23/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p26
Reports on the indefinite postponement of Verizon Wireless Inc.'s initial public offering in the United States.
- Wireless IPO Prospects Dim in 2002. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p14
Reports that analysts doubt whether there will be sufficient valuations for an initial public offering (IPO) by either Verizon or Cingular in 2002. Fund that Verizon Wireless IPO is expected to raise; Prediction of Bill Hipp of the venture capital firm 2M Invest about wirelss offerings;...
- Second time a charm? MetroPCS files for $1.1B IPO. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the move by regional, flat-rate wireless carrier MetroPCS Communications Inc. to file for a $1.1 billion initial public offering in the U.S. The company plans to use the money to expand into new markets where it recently won spectrum licenses. MetroPCS filing did not...
- Wireless Stocks Soar 400%. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;04/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
Discusses the stock price slowdown of wireless communication carriers. Role of the initial public offerings of wireless carriers in driving stock prices down; Investor attitude toward wireless communication companies; How wireless number portability may hurt wireless stock prices.
- Triton PCS goes public. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/01/99, Vol. 237 Issue 18, p10
Deals with the initial public offering of Triton PCS. Shares placed by the company in the public block; Growth of the United States wireless industry; Relationship between Triton PCS and AT&T Wireless company.
- Verizon Wireless IPO Talk Resurfaces. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the decision of Verizon Communications Inc. to launch an initial public offering (IPO) of its wireless unit by early 2002. Controversy surrounding the plan; Attribution to the decision; Financial status of the firm for the third quarter of 2001.