Operators Sense WLAN Threat
- Frontliners & Flatliners. // Frontline Solutions;Nov2001, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p10
Introduces products in information technology. Development of a business casual pants, the Mobile Pant, which consists of pockets that could hold mobile gadgets; Use of wireless local area networks for office applications.
- 98% of Mobile Network Sessions Now Data. // Voice & Data;May2014, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p59
The article focuses on a 2014 research conducted by Amdoc which reveals that share of network traffic from data has increased to 98%, which is up from 90% in the previous 12-month period.
- WLANs Likely to Complement 3G. Chakraborty, Pradeep; Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p14
Reports that wireless local area networks (WLAN) have the capability of offering a true mobile broadband experience that something mobile communication operators might not be able to offer for a while. Projected increase in the number of WLAN users; View of Ian Sanders of PricewaterhouseCoopers...
- INCREASED COMPETITION BOOSTS FIXED-MOBILE CONVERSION IN EUROPE. // Worldwide Telecom;Feb2006, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
Discusses the contribution of competition within the fixed and mobile markets to fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) in Europe in 2006. Implications of the FMC trend on carriers; Ways to exploit the growth opportunities in the fixed-mobile convergence market; Penetration of the wireless local area...
- Going bundle on wireless LANs. McClune, Emma // Total Telecom Magazine;Aug2003, p12
Discusses the threat posed by free wireless local area network services to some mobile operators. Decision of some key operators to bundle the technology with heavy discounted wireless and broadband services; Statement issued by Dustin Kehoe, a senior analyst with Current Analysis;...
- Design of an enhanced access point to optimize TCP performance in Wi-Fi hotspot networks. Raffaele Bruno; Marco Conti; Enrico Gregori // Wireless Networks (10220038);Apr2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p259
Abstract??In the last years, the number of Wi-Fi hotspots at public venues has undergone a substantial growth, promoting the WLAN technologies as the ubiquitous solution to provide high-speed wireless connectivity in public areas. However, the adoption of a random access CSMA-based paradigm for...
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;January 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p21
Lists resources of interest to telecommunication industry, compiled as of January 2004. "Enterprise Wireless LANs: WiFi Revenue Opportunities by Vertical Market and Geography to 2006"; "Public Wireless LANs: Hotspots--Finally Heating Up?"; "Voice Business Value Chain II"; "Profiting From...
- Aruba Networks Wireless LAN Solution Receives Certification for Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint From Wi-Fi Alliance. // WiFi/ WLAN;Dec2012, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p11
The article offers information on the certification received by Wireless LAN (WLAN) solution Passpoint of Aruba Networks Inc. by the organization the Wi-Fi Alliance. It states that the Passpoint program tests mobile devices and infrastructure equipment with the ultimate goal of delivering a...
- Working with wireless, Part 2. Price, Kevin // Supply House Times;Aug2001, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p100
Focuses on the importance of employing technology in business operations. Benefits and limitations of the cellular technology; Popularity of local area networks for handheld devices with-in warehouses; Use of infrared technology for wireless communication.