Agere Systems Heads Home
- Plugging Into Wireless Local-Area Networks. // Microwaves & RF;May2004, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p120
Focuses on a report by Agere Systems on the use of 802.11 wireless chip set technology in wireless local-area networks (WLAN). Examples of receiver architectures available for WLAN; Factors that influence the choice of wireless chip sets; Comparison of technology options for 802.11 WLAN systems.
- Chipset 'bloodbath' prompts Agere to pull out of 802.11 WLAN
market. // Electronics Weekly;10/20/2004, Issue 2167, p5
This article reports that the intense pressure on prices in the standalone 802.11 wireless LAN chipset market has moved Agere Systems Inc. to pull out of the business altogether. The firm has said it will concentrate on integrating wireless LAN into its GSM chipsets, and on chips for wireless...
- Wireless standards. // MarketWatch: Technology;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p12
The article informs about various new wireless local area network products, based on the draft 802.11n specifications, introduced by Linksys Corp. These products are specifically designed for small business environment. The new products will provide bandwidth and enable multimedia services that...
- D-LINK POINTS THE WAY. Montalbano, Elizabeth // CRN;1/17/2005, Issue 1129, Special section p2A
Provides information on the D-Link AirPremier DWL-2210AP auto-configuring access point from D-Link Systems. Remarks from Rocky Rosas, technical marketing engineer at D-Link, on the need for more than one access point to set up wireless LAN in small business housed in a warehouse or workshop;...
- Secure Wireless Networks for Branches and Small Business. // Orange County Business Journal;7/12/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 28, pA-22
Discusses the security issues involved in wireless networks for small business. Three major incentives accounting for the popularity of wireless local area networks; Issue of flexibility and mobility; Requirements of a secure wireless network.
- AGERE ALTERS WI-FI STRATEGY TO FOCUS ON COMPONENTS. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;06/24/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 25, p16
Provides information on the decision of Agere Systems to sell its wireless local area network (LAN) systems business to focus on Wi-Fi component product lines. Details on the acquisition of the LAN systems by Proxim; Views on company growth via component sales; Reasons behind the decision to...
- Corporate connections: Networking your office. Newton, Teresa // Business Press;04/12/96, Vol. 8 Issue 50, p16
Focuses on networking within small businesses. Advantages of networking; Comments from persons involved in the computer industry; File server as a computer whose function is the sharing of information.
- Another War Of Wireless Worlds? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p32
Reports on the compatibility issue concerning orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM), a key technology used in high-speed fixed-wireless data systems which might delay the rollout of such networks. Functionality of the OFDM; Details on the Vector OFDM and Wideband OFDM; Standards...
- Starbucks Sippers Still Surfing Via Wi-Fi. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p20
Discusses the wireless local area network project of Starbucks Coffee Co. in North America launched in January 2001. Obstacles to the project; Plans of the coffee company; Analysis of the participation of VoiceStream and Sprint PCS with the wireless Internet service providers.