Alltel: 'Negotiate, Not Litigate'
- CenturyTel ups the ante. Weber, Toby // Telephony;8/27/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p10
Reports the lawsuit filed against Alltel Corp. by telecommunication company CenturyTel in the U.S. Accusations against Alltel; Effect of lawsuit on the telecommunications industry; Views of the customers on the issue.
- CenturyTel Cries Foul Play. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;8/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p6
Reports on a lawsuit filed by CenturyTel Inc. against Alltel Corp., for the alleged false and misleading statements issued by Alltel after CenturyTel rejected its merger offer. Allegations of the suit; Facts of the case; Opinions of analysts on the case.
- CenturyTel accuses Alltel of lies, broken confidentiality. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p17
Reports on a lawsuit filed by CenturyTel Inc. against Alltel Corp. for releasing false and misleading information about CenturyTel's plans to spinoff its wireless unit. Contention of CenturyTel regarding a letter sent by Alltel citing the benefits of Alltel taking over CenturyTel's operations;...
- Employee out on FMLA leave? You can still insist on following call-in policy. // HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment Law;Feb2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p2
The article focuses on the call-in policies that employers could implement on employees who are going to be absent and are on a Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave in Minnesota. It cites the inclusion of the call-in policy in the employee handbook as the easiest way in making every...
- Boomerang Bounces Into Court. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the lawsuits filed by subscribers against wireless communication firm Alltel. Complaints of the subscribers on Alltel's wireless service; Significance of the legal claim against Alltel; Focus on the Boomerang wireless service from Alltel.
- Convergys, Alltel settle billing dispute. // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p39
Reports on an agreement between Alltel Corp. and Convergys Corp. to settle pending litigation related to billing systems 360 Degrees Communications Co. was using when it was purchased by Alltel in 1998. Alltel's breach-of-contract lawsuit against Convergys in early 1999; Terms of the...
- Alltel files breach of contract against convergys. // RCR;03/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p25
Reports on Alltel Corp.'s filing of a breach-of-contract lawsuit against Convergys Information Management Group Inc.
- VZW sues Alltel over ad claims. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on the civil lawsuit filed by Verizon Wireless against Alltel Corp., accusing the number 5 carrier of false advertising. In October 2007, Verizon Wireless began allowing its customers to change their wireless plans without requiring an extension of their current contracts....
- Alltel, VZW under scrutiny for credit-card procedures. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;4/28/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p13
The article reports that Verizon Wireless and Alltel Corp. are facing class-action suits based on alleged noncompliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) in Pennsylvania and Georgia federal courts, respectively. Under the law, businesses that accept credit cards or debit cards for...