Little Change Likely With Tristani Exit
- Advocate for universal service. Bolton, David // Rural Telecommunications;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p16
Profiles US Federal Communications Commission Commissioner, Gloria Tristani. Passion for politics; Support of small and rural businesses; Commitment to universal service.
- Pro-consumer FCC prospect. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;09/01/97, Vol. 127 Issue 36, p14
Profiles New Mexico State Corp. commissioner Gloria Tristani, a potential nominee to become chairman of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Political background; Pro-consumer reputation; Exposure to broadcasting; Personality traits.
- Vacancy. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/10/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 38, p70
Editorial. Comments on the resignation of Gloria Tristani as member of the Federal Communications Commission in the United States. Characteristics of Tristani as member of the commission; Appointment of Michael Copps to the organization; Appeal for respect for the First Amendment.
- Tristani staying with FCC job. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the decision of United States Federal Communications Commission Commissioner Gloria Tristani to stay in her office. Plan of Tristani to resign; Reason for her plan to resign; Political ambitions of Tristani.
- FCC SPOTLIGHT ON KRONE. P.A. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/6/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 33, p4
Reports on the resignation of Federal Communications Commissions Commissioner Gloria Tristani in the United States. Details on successor David Krone; Support of Korne from the senate; Statement of Leo Hindrey, veteran cable executive regarding the resignation of Tristani.
- Clinton to nominate Tristani for final vacant post at FCC. // Variety;09/22/97, Vol. 368 Issue 7, p75
Reports that the Bill Clinton administration has publicly announced that it will nominate New Mexico state regulator Gloria Tristani to the final vacancy on the Federal Communications Commission.
- Watching the Media. Artze, Isis // Hispanic;Jun2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p58
Profiles Gloria Tristani, commissioner of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Her primary goal as a commissioner; Information on her career as advocate of the V-chip; Career and personal background.
- FCC catches up to broadcasting reality. Stern, Christopher // Variety;08/16/99, Vol. 375 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the decision of the United States (US) Federal Communications Commission (FTC) to change its rules on broadcasting. Explanations from FTC Commissioner Gloria Tristani; Criticism of the FTC by US Republicans.
- Insiders vie for FCC post in Tristani's wake. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;9/3/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p2
Reports the competition for commissioner of Federal Communications Commission after the resignation of Gloria Tristani in the United States. Identification of two most promising candidates; Support from congressional officers; Factors limiting the chances of the candidates at the position.