Financial Companies Underscore PCIA's Future
- Show Wrap-up. // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p17
Focuses on Wireless 2000, a conference of wireless Internet in the United States. Attendance of Wireless Data University in the conference; Discussion on wireless applications; Demand for short messaging services; Problems associated with handset uses; Forecasts on wireless Internet.
- 2001 Reasons To Celebrate. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p6
Assesses the CTIA Wireless 2001 trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Highlights of the event; Reasons for optimism of the event; Its significance to the telecommunication industry in the United States (U.S.); Impact of the decline of the U.S. economy to the industry.
- HP Optimistic About Enterprise Market. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the optimism of participants at the 2002 Enterprise Wireless Forum Conference and Exposition in Santa Clara, California about the enterprise market. Percentage of enterprises that will increase their wireless spending by more than ten percent in 2002, according to John Desmond of...
- Mobile vision. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
The article highlights a discussion on the development of mobile video at a seminar during the Cable Telecommunications and Internet Association Wireless I.T. & Entertainment 2006. The event--sponsored by RCR Wireless News and its sister publication, TelevisionWeek--featured a panel of TV...
- Eye on the enterprise. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;02/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 9, p34
Provides information on the domination of wireless-enabling business applications at the Internet World Wireless 2001 conference in New York City. Capacity and application for third generation wireless technology; Importance of the business applications to mobile data usage; Wireless data...
- `They've Seen Star Trek'. Sextro, Darren // Wireless Review;05/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p64
Relates an incident that happened at the GSM World Congress of wireless carriers. Audience reaction to a remark made by Michael Stocks; Evaluation of the business from the customer's perspective; Importance of being aware of the customer perspective.
- Getting ready for the rites of spring. Bischoff, Glenn // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;2/24/2011, p2
The article focuses on the webinar on the Project 25 (P25) standard in March 2011. It says that the P25 center on the ability to match and mix the subscriber equipment and network from multiple vendors for interoperable deployment. It also mentions that P25 will be discussed in three workshops...
- Spectrum `New Think.'. Lockwood, Judith // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p4
Comments on the scheduled high-level government-industry spectrum summit in the United States (US) in 2000. Flexible spectrum plan proposed by the US at the World Radiocommunication Conference in Istanbul, Turkey; Relationship between the government and private spectrum users in the country;...
- UNCONVENTIONAL. // Global Telephony;May2001, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p14
Highlights conventions sponsored by the telecommunications industry in March 2001. Increased popularity of online pre-registration and sales of exhibition space at the CTIA Wireless 2001 show held in Las Vegas, Nevada; Number of attendees at the CeBIT trade show in Hannover, Germany.