- Illuminet completes BellSouth unit buy. // RCR Wireless News;10/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p14
Reports on the completion of acquisition of BellSouth International's roaming and clearinghouse subsidiary, BellSouth International Wireless Services, by Illuminet Holdings Incorporated. Carriers served by BellSouth International Wireless Services.
- BELLSOUTH INTERNATIONAL SELECTS OPENWAVE MMSC. // RBOC Update;Jan2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the selection of Openwave Multimedia Messaging Service Center (MMSC) by BellSouth International, to launch its messaging service across properties in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. Reason for choosing Openwave,...
- Central American markets lag behind rest of region. Hammer, Dianne // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on the wireless communication industry in Central America as of March 2001. Lack of market demand for data services; Details of Wireless Application Protocol services to be offered by BellSouth International in the region; Actions taken by governments in Central America to improve the...
- BELLSOUTH CHOOSES HNC TO MITIGATE ROAMING FRAUD. // RBOC Update;Aug2001, p1
Reports that BellSouth International Wireless Services has selected HNC Software Inc.'s RoamEx software for its roaming data-exchange network throughout North America. Seamless roaming capability provided to wireless operators; Near real-time delivery of roaming call detail records;...
- Wireless carriers ponder technology flip. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;11/06/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the plans of two wireless communications companies to consider the use of code division multiple access-based technologies in the United States as of November 2000. Decision of BellSouth International to overlay its existing time division multiple access technology with 1XRTT...
- Illuminet/U.S. cellular complete number portability trial. // RBOC Update;Nov99, p1
Reports on the results of Number Portability (NP) trials conducted by Olympia, Washington-based Illuminet Inc. in cooperation with Chicago, Illinois-based wireless carrier US Cellular Corp. Significance of the Illuminet-US Cellular test; System of operation of Illuminet's NP service; Background...
- Illuminet provides resale products to PCS consortium. // RCR;10/07/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p2
Reports that Illuminet is offering members of its personal communications services consortium, wireless communication products for resale from Direct Power Plus Incorporated. Information on Illuminet's agreement with Direct Power; Name of some of the customers of Direct Power.
- CMG opens 3G wing to assist mobile operators. // New Media Age;8/8/2002, p11
Focuses on the launch of a specialist division by wireless technology provider CMG, targeted at mobile operators looking to launch next generation services in 2002. Aim of the Business Readiness Practice; Business processes of CMG.
- In Other News... // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p8
Presents news briefs on wireless telecommunication-related issues in the United States as of December 1999. Benefit offered by the CellMAPS and PCSMAPS purchased by the Federal Bureau of Investigation from the Strategis Group; Digital phone service of BellSouth International Wireless Services...