Intel Launches Developer Network
- Birth of a network. Neshevich, Carol // Network World;05/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p29
Examines the joint fibre-optic network between the Region of Peel and the City of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Indepth look at the development of the network; Information on the application used by information technology (IT) staff; Comments from Roy Wiseman, director of IT services for the...
- Nutter's network help desk. Nutter, Ron // Network World;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p35
Presents a question and answer segment which focused on attaching to a bindery from a log script. How to get access when passwords are synchronized; Reference to support.microsoft.com.
- Gimme smelter. Weinberg, Neal // Network World;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p41
Focuses on the disposing of old computer network equipment by companies. Options which companies have when disposing old equipment; Problems which can occur when donating equipment; Estimated amount of computers which are recycled yearly; Details on recycling companies.
- Just give me an invisible net. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p62
Opinion. Comments on computer network management. Stability of Windows NT; Forecast for network infrastructure; Information on Computer Associates (CA) Unicenter company's network managing products; Experience encountered by the Union Switch and Signal company when conducting business with CA...
- VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORKS: VIABLE PRODUCTS NOW. Snyder, Joel // Network World;12/11/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p74
Focuses on the virtual private network (VPN) market performance in the United States. Consolidation of companies in the VPN technology; Popularity of the Internet Protocol Security standard; Expansion of VPN products; Outlook for the 2001 VPN market.
- Advantages of networking. Corbett, Terry // African Business;Feb98, Issue 229, p35
Focuses on the benefits of computer networks and networking. Improvement of power, versatility and communication; Advantages of the development of Intranet; Two types of local area networks available; Considerations for establishing security procedures and precautions for computer networks;...
- China launches its own Internet. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p14
Reports on the plans of the government of China to launch its alternative to the United States-influenced Internet in eight cities by the end of 1997.
- Dornier, Lufthansa offer fleet scheduling system. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/3/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p55
Discusses Argus, a computer-based airline fleet scheduling system developed by West Germany's Dornier, which is being marketed by Dornier and Lufthansa. Operation.
- Tech tips. // Black Enterprise;Aug90, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p47
Describes CPTime Online, a black information computer network service by AfroLink Software. CPTime Clip Art Service; Africa Insight; More.
- Collaborative computing. Graham, Lynford E.; Raatz, Stan // CPA Journal;Nov93, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p32
Explains collaborative computing and how to set up one in a company. Three `Cs' for understanding and designing the right communication environment; Five classes of functions of a complete collaborative computing environment; Benefits and costs; Implementation in the organization.