Behind in 3G? Think Again
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO delivers 3G wireless. Eyuboglu, Vedat // Network World;2/25/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p35
Features the Code Division Multiple Access 2000 1xEvolution-Data Optimized technology for computer networks. Design of the 1xEV-DO technology; Compatibility of 1xEV-DO to the advances in mobile wireless communications; Use of multiuser diversity concept by 1xEV-DO technology.
- VERIZON WIRELESS PUERTO RICO & LUCENT LAUNCH 3G MOBILE NETWORK. // Telephone IP News;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, pN.PAG
Reports on the launch of Express Network, a code division multiple access (CDMA)2000 1X voice and high-speed data network by Verizon Wireless Puerto Rico using equipment, software and services from Lucent Technologies. Services that could be offered by Verizon to customers through the network;...
- Protocol Testing for the Changing Network. Newitts, Wayne // EE: Evaluation Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p44
Examines the challenges posed to protocol analysis by the evolution of networks. Features of the CDMA2000 network; Information on the role of the core network; Monitoring solutions and procedures required in maintaining uninterrupted data transactions as mobile Internet connectivity becomes common.
- Technical support for CDMA from ATM. Christophe, Dave; Prah, Paul // Telecom Asia;Oct97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p26
Reports that wireless service providers are increasingly choosing asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) to support their code division multiple access (CDMA) networks. What ATM can offer to CDMA; Information on an ATM-based CDMA networks; Types of reliability necessary in an ATM switch.
- Death of the tether. // Telecom Asia;Dec99, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p31
Discusses the prospects of wireless communications systems. Commercial deployment of local multipoint distribution system technology; Introduction of code division multiple access technology in Japan. INSET: The mobile phone as personal companion..
- NextWave starts PCS beta tests. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the plan of NextWave Telecom Inc. to activate its code division multiple access-based network and to engage in customer trials of its wireless data services. Comments from Allen Salmasi, chairman and chief executive officer of NextWave, about the deployment of Internet Protocol-based...
- Qualcomm offers open system switch for IS-95 networks. Hammer, Dianne // RCR;09/28/98, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p45
Announces that Qualcomm will be offering its code division multiple access One Interim Standard-95 computer network, consisting of an open system radio-switch interface. Comments from Larry Brittain, regional vice president of North American Operations for Qualcomm's Wireless Infrastructure...
- South American Way. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p12
Reports the growth in the telecommunication industry in South American countries. Information on subscriptions to code division multiple access; Promotion of the Internet protocol services.
- CDMA for cheap: M1 launches `no frills' second network. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Jul98, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p22
Introduces M1 Chat, a code division multiple access (CDMA) 1,900-megahertz network from MobileOne company. Difference of M1 Chat to other cellular networks; Advantages of using CDMA 1900; Its capabilities and applications.