Nokia Faces Concerns About a Potential GPRS Monster
- NOKIA UNVEILS LATEST WIRELESS CONSUMER SERVICES SOFTWARE. // Tele-Service News;Aug2001, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Deals with the mobile phone software introduced by Nokia company which can be adapted to support the GSMA M-Services proposal.
- Nokia reports highest-ever sales and profits. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p38
States that Nokia Corporation reported the highest net sales, profits and earning per share in its history, at the end of its 1997 fiscal year. Background information on the company; Details on the company's earnings.
- Nokia A&K shares split in half. // RCR;04/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p32
Reports that Nokia Corporation's A and K shares were cut in half. Reason for the cut; Plans of the company.
- Nokia pins its hopes on youthful R&D. Blau, John; Wolff, M.F. // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p3
Features Finland's Nokia Oy, maker of personal communication devices and multimedia systems. Management changes and company objectives; Number of research labs worldwide; Description of Finland's free market.
- Nokia's fax card makes its way into Japanese market. // RCR;8/05/96, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p15
Reports on Nokia Mobile Phones K.K.'s introduction of the Nokia Digital Data/Fax Card to the Japanese digital cellular networks.
- Nokia reorganizes into regional groups. // RCR;01/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
Reports that in Helsinki, Finland the telecommunications company Nokia Group put into effect two regional organizations. Location of the organizations; Purpose of the reorganization; Appointments within the Nokia Group.
- Nokia builds Fla. service center. // RCR;09/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p52
Looks at Nokia Mobile Phones' planned construction of a national service center in Melbourne, Florida. Description of the site; How many people the site will employ; Comments from Jeff Devine, director of Nokia's National Service Center.
- New regional focus should help Nokia bounce back. Rich, Alison // Business Press;5/17/96, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Reports on Nokia Group's shift to regional control of operations which should help the company bounce back after a 62 percent drop in 1996 first quarter operating profit. Operating loss reported by Nokia Mobile Phones; Plans for boosting figures.
- Nokia CDMA phone selling in San Diego. // RCR;12/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p13
Reports that the dual-mode Nokia 2180 phone by Nokia Corporation is available in San Diego, California. Details on the features of the phone; Comments from Rich Geruson, senior vice president of USA sales and marketing at Nokia Mobile Phones Incorporated.
- Nokia will expand Chinese networks. // RCR;12/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p15
Reports on signed agreements to expand Global System for Mobile communications networks for Jiangxi Post and Telecommunications Administration China, by Nokia Corporation. Terms of the agreements; Cost of the agreements; When the deliveries are expected to begin.