Nokia Faces Concerns About a Potential GPRS Monster
- Calif. packet radio project. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;10/15/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 17, p22
Reports on the grant for phase 3 of the University of California Division of Library Automation's prototype wide-area packet radio network.
- AX.25. // Network Dictionary;2007, p55
A reference entry for "AX.25" is presented. It is a data link layer protocol derived from the X.25 protocol suite and designed for use by amateur radio operators on a amateur packet radio networks. AX.25 is responsible for transferring data between nodes and detecting errors introduced by the...
- General Packet Radio Service. // Network Dictionary;2007, p211
An encyclopedia entry for the term "General Packet Radio Service" (GPRS) is presented. It is a technology that enables high-speed wireless Internet and other communications like e-mail, games and applications. It runs at speeds up to 115 kilobytes per second. GPRS is ideal for sending and...
- Packet Radio. // Network Dictionary;2007, p363
An encyclopedia entry for "packet radio" is presented. It is a form of digital data transmission used in amateur radio to construct wireless computer networks. The packet radio's name is a reference to the use of packet switching between network nodes. The AX.25 data link layer protocol, which...
- Sub Network Dependent Convergence Protocol. // Network Dictionary;2007, p466
An encyclopedia entry for the term "Sub Network Dependent Convergence Protocol" (SNDCP) is presented. SNDCP provides services to the higher layers that may include connection-oriented and connectionless mode, compression, segmentation and multiplexing. This is being used in different...
- Design of Update for Remote Device Based on GPRS. Hui Meng; Lian Pan // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 926-930, p1910
Aiming at the actual demand of remote embedded devices to update, a wireless remote update system based on mobile network was designed. This paper presents the application of using general packet radio service (GPRS) to achieve update based on the embedded RTOS uC/OS-II. We describe and explore...
- Utilization of satellite monitoring for maintenance decision making. Pavlů, Jindřich; Aleš, Zdenĕk; Jurča, Vladimír; Pexa, Martin; Valášek, Petr // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 1030-1032, p1864
Properly performed preventive maintenance is one of the basic conditions for ensuring the operability of the mobile machines. The authors proposed new method of using the modern technology of Global Positioning System and General Packet Radio Services, in order to make proper maintenance...
- NOKIA UNVEILS LATEST WIRELESS CONSUMER SERVICES SOFTWARE. // Tele-Service News;Aug2001, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Deals with the mobile phone software introduced by Nokia company which can be adapted to support the GSMA M-Services proposal.
- Nokia reports highest-ever sales and profits. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p38
States that Nokia Corporation reported the highest net sales, profits and earning per share in its history, at the end of its 1997 fiscal year. Background information on the company; Details on the company's earnings.
- Nokia A&K shares split in half. // RCR;04/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p32
Reports that Nokia Corporation's A and K shares were cut in half. Reason for the cut; Plans of the company.