Wood you believe it?
- cypress mill. Stuart, Leigh Ann // New Orleans Homes & Lifestyles;Aug2008, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p28
The article features the works of furniture designer and crafter Jeremy S. Shatz, who is the owner of Recycled Cypress of New Orleans, Louisiana. It explores the influences Shatz's designs and styles. Accordingly, Shatz works exclusively with wood from old-growth cypress and red pines. It notes...
- Revival of Traditional Furniture. Choi Tac-won // Koreana;Winter2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p70
The article discusses the revival of traditional furniture in Korea. An overview is given of the external conditions of Korea that had an impact on the type of furniture created by Koreans including humid summers and dry air inside houses during the winter. The manner in which Koreans frame...
- What do we use wood for? // Science World;04/11/97, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p16
Presents a graph showing the consumption of woods form 1990 to 2010.
- 18 LÃ¶sungen. // Baumeister;jul2012, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p84
A photograph depicting the use of wood in architecture is presented.
- Designer's choice. Garet, Barbara // Wood & Wood Products;Mar94, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p34
Discusses furniture designers' personal favorites among the selection of designs they have created throughout their careers. Ray Sobota; Steve Hodges; Laurel Clark; Bill de Blaay; O.B. Solie.
- New designers. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p2
Features the winners of the furniture section of the `New Designers,' an important show for young design talents in Great Britain. Themes; Presentation of the entries; Sponsors of the event; Schedule of events; Contact information.
- Furniture Fair reveals Spaniards prefer blond. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2001, Issue 5258, p5
Presents the Furniture Fair in Valencia. Features of the side tables; Focus on the trends in the living room design; Description of the leather upholstery and wooden dining chairs.
- Quintet vie for design prizes. // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p3
Reports that five furniture designers will compete for the 2000 Oxo/Peugeot Design Awards.
- Talent spotting. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/23/99, Issue 5147, p14
Examines the product designs created by up-and-coming furniture designers who participated in the New Designers 99 show in Great Britain. Creative and lateral approach to designing furniture products; Range of materials and colors; Aesthetic and utilitarian value of the designs.