Your questions answered
- Furniture bargains. Greenberg, Cara // Money;Dec1994, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p182
Presents suggestions in purchasing furniture at bargain prices in North Carolina. Number of factories; Sample prices of furniture; Availability of professional design assistance; Pressure on manufacturers and discounters; Tips in getting the best deals; Travel advice.
- Furniture. // Home Furnishings;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p53
Provides retail information on a wide assortment of furniture that can be purchased in England. Description of furniture from Woodward Grosvenor, Chelsom, Zedette and other leading manufacturers.
- Masculine appeal. Knight // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p18
Details findings of the American Furniture Manufacturers Association's (AFMA) study which showed that majority of men are involved in the decision-making process for furniture buying. Percentage of women respondents who enjoyed shopping for furniture; Percentage of men respondents who avoid...
- Making furniture fit. Evans, Sandra // Good Housekeeping;Nov98, Vol. 227 Issue 5, p190
Offers advice on how to shop for furniture that fits the available space in the home. Making actual measurements of the furniture; Looking for detachable parts; Buying a furniture that is made to split; Enlisting the help of professionals who can bring large furniture inside the home.
- Selecting and buying quality furniture. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec93, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p30
Offers advice on how to select quality furniture at good prices. Avoiding problems with faulty goods; The importance of inspecting furniture when it is delivered; How to avoid problems with delays; Finding a good price; Judging quality; More.
- Q&A. // Cabinet Maker;09/11/98, Issue 5105, p7
Answers two queries on furniture purchasing. Retailer's liability for a coffee table found to be damaged on delivery to the consumer; Factors to be considered when accepting the return of a second solid bookcase purchased by the consumer.
- Furniture buying index stable. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jul95, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the stability of the National Furniture Buying Index during April 1995. Reasons for the leveling-off according to America's Research Group; 68-point Index for May 1995.
- Know Before You Buy. Jernigan, Sarah // Southern Living;Mar2000, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p152
Presents guidelines for purchasing upholstered furnishings or furniture for houses. Construction and scale of the furniture; Priced and fabric options; Personal comfort and style; Choice of reputable retailers. INSET: Shopping Smart.
- Design hotline. // InStyle;Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p326
Provides information about purchasing pieces of furniture. Manufacturers of the likes of the chairs in the apartment of Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce in Milan, Italy which have a 20th century style; Tips on shopping for furniture with the 1930s-1960s design; Advice of designer William...
- The best seat in the house. Crosett, Katherine B. // Your Church;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the factors that must be considered when purchasing seats for church buildings. Information on the movable pews at First Presbyterian Church in Haverhill, Massachusetts; Cost of a padded chair; Option for a church that is a historic landmark or is located in a historic area; Cost of...