The Distance Selling Regulations have bite
- CHECKOUT. Ruddy, John // Checkout;Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p3
The article comments on the impact of the price control on consumers in Ireland. According to the author, the implication of the price control would result in a slightly cheaper groceries bill because consumers would look for the best deals, going to three or four local butchers and...
- Who Benefits From Rent Control? Pollakowski, Henry O. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on a study which examined the impact of rent control measures on New York City consumers. Overview of the city's rent-stabilization system; Results of the study; Benefits to affluent consumers; Effect of deregulation.
- Effective Consumer Protection Through Regulation To Achieve Competitive Insurance Rates. // Insurance Advocate;6/02/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 21, p35
Reports on the insurance industry in New Jersey, in light of the state's efforts to ensure consumer protection through price control. Discussion of New Jersey's automobile insurance market; Withdrawal of insurance company State Farm Indemnity from New Jersey; Impact of government rate regulation.
- New prices Act removes safeguards. // Accountancy;Mar1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1027, p21
Reports the removal of safeguard provisions of the 'Price Commission Act 1977' in Great Britain. Prevention of individual companies from earning by restrictions on prices or margins; Authority of the Commission to allow interim price increases; Consultation of representatives of industry,...
- Price cuts fail to boost Q1 volume growth for FMCG cos. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;8/17/2015, p19
The article reports that the price reduction by fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies in India have failed to improve the volume growth for the first quarter (Q1) of 2015.
- Consumer Perceptions of Deals: Biasing Effects of Varying Deal Prices. Krishna, Aradhna; Johar, Gita Venkataramani // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Applied;Sep1996, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p187
Some brands in the market opt to offer a single "deal" price (e.g., Pepsi brand soft drink at $1.09 every alternate week), whereas others opt to offer 2 or more deal prices (e.g., Coca-Cola brand soft drink at $0.99 in Week 1 and $1.19 in Week 3). It was hypothesized that offering multiple deal...
- Consumerism..............in Australia. Burgman, Roland // Marketing News;12/5/1975, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p4
Provides information on consumer interest groups and legislation related to consumerism in Australia. Goals of the Australian Federation of Consumer Organizations; Function of the Prices Justification Act which has facilitated the development of the consumer movement; Features of the Consumer...
- The Protection of Consumers' Interests After the Implementation of the EC Injunctions Directive.... Rott, Peter // Journal of Consumer Policy;Dec2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3/4, p401
Focuses on the protection of consumers' interests after the implementation of the European Countries injunctions directive into German and English law. Historical overview of the directive; Scope of the directive; Eligibility of consumer associations.
- CONSUMER PROTECTION. // International Law Update;Apr2000, Vol. 6, p55
Presents a court case involving claims for violations of the Price Discount Law filed by the State Supreme Court against online electronic recreational manufacturers in Hamburg, Germany. Denial of the plaintiff's motion for preliminary injunction; Definition of the online service called...