...while MedPAC puts blame on insurers
- AHA faults MedPAC vote on payment update. // AHA News;1/23/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p2
This article reports on the dissatisfaction of the American Hospital Association (AHA) towards the recommendation of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission for the U.S. Congress to reduce Medicare payment increases. It mentions the anticipated increase in the market basket for Medicare payment...
- Quick Hits: Top News Stories of the Month. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p18
The article offers news briefs related to healthcare financial management in the U.S. The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) has recommended the Congress to increase acute inpatient and outpatient prospective payment systems (PPS) rates by 2011. The Kaiser Family Foundation has stated...
- MedPAC's proposals. // AHA News;1/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p14
Comments on the decision of the United States (U.S.) Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) to improve Medicare payments to hospitals. Recommendation of the MedPAC; Problem of U.S. hospitals.
- Margins don't tell whole story, AHA tells MedPAC. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;12/14/98, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p1
Announces the plan of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) to release hospitals' 1996 aggregate margins in December 1998. Expected aggregate total margin for hospitals in 1996; Comments from Carmela Coyle, American Hospitals Association (AHA) senior vice president for advocacy and...
- MedPAC mum on Thomas-Stark letter requesting backup data for payment update recommendations. Hansen, Dave // AHA News;05/01/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p5
Reports that the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) has declined to respond to an April 14, 2000 letter from key congressmen questioning their recommendation for updating inpatient hospital payment in the United States. What the letter includes; How the congressmen viewed the...
- Hospitals' outlook improving. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;05/14/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the 2000 profit margin growth posted by hospitals, according to a report of the United States Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Percentage of expenses per case; Information omitted by the memo; Update on Medicare payment increases.
- Medicare biz is moneymaking? Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;12/17/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p13
Deals with the projection of the Medicare Payment Advisory Committee to the earnings of hospitals from Medicare in the United States for 2002 and 2003. Comparison of the projections with that of the results in 1999; Response of the American Hospital Association to the projections.
- Funding, tempered by deficit spending. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;1/21/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the recommendation won by hospitals for a full inflation inpatient update for rural and small-city hospitals in the United States. Warnings made by congressional officials about deficit spendings; Support on the recommendation by the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission; Views of the...
- Sharing in caring. Lubell, Jennifer // Modern Healthcare;4/13/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p18
The article focuses on the decision of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission to examine dual-decisionmaking concept about health provider-patient relationship. The concept was established due to concerns of health providers over how they would get paid and budget their time under an emerging...