AMD Wraps Up Tender Offer
- Serial "mini-tender" firm sets sights on AMD. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;10/22/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 43, p45
The article focuses on the actions being taken by Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) against investment firm TRC Capital Corp., which offers a purchase of up to 5 million shares of AMD's common stock at $13.25 each to sell it later at a higher price per share. AMD has cautioned its stockholders...
- AMD/ATI Tie-Up Rumors Get Red Hot Again. // Electronic News;7/24/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 30, p76
The article reports that Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is considering a $5.6 billion takeover bid for ATI Technologies. According to the newspaper Toronto Globe and Mail, the board of the AMD has approved a takeover offer. A financial analyst from Deutsche Bank stated that the incentives for AMD...
- Advanced Micro Offers $400M in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/16/2014, p1
The article reports on the $400 million senior notes being offered by semiconductor company Advanced Micro Devices Inc. of Sunnyvale, California due in 2024, with plans to use the proceeds to finance a tender offer. It mentions financial companies including J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Bank of...
- Advanced Micro Devices Sells $500M in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/16/2014, p1
The article reports on the sale of $500 million in a drive-by bond offering upsized from $400 million by semiconductor company Advanced Micro Devices Inc. of Sunnyvale, California. The company plans to use the proceeds to finance a tender offer. It mentions J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Bank of...
- AMD Gets 2 Green Lights for ATI Purchase. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;10/23/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 43, p7
The article reports on the approval of a proposal from Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to acquire ATI Technologies Inc. by the Canadian Minister of Industry. The shareholders of ATI also approved the $5.6 billion takeover bid of AMD. The merger is expected to benefit Canada and its role in the...
- Breaking clean? // Electronic News;7/5/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1970, p4
Announces the official launch of the `cleanroom' 486SXs from Advanced Micro Devices. Threat of damage payments to Intel for using its microcode; Long-range goal of migrating its customers from 486DXs to the independently developed parts.
- AMD positions custom devices for PDA fields. McCausland, Richard // Electronic News;8/2/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1974, p1
Reports on the introduction by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) of a customized single-chip solution for personal digital assistants (PDA). 386-based device by Customer Specific Products Division (CSD); Features and functions; Specifications; Comment from AMD chairman Jerry Sanders.
- AMD rolls out 1MB, 2MB 5V flash cards. // Electronic News;8/2/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1974, p18
Reports on the introduction by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) of flash memory cards. Capacities; Conformity to Personal Computer Memory Card International Association (PCMCIA) standards; Specifications of the product; AMD share in the card market.
- AMD extends low-voltage EpROM line. // Electronic News;8/30/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1978, p18
Reports on Advanced Micro Devices' extension of its line of 3.3 EpROMs with 1Mbit and 2Mbit devices. Target market of the products; Technology used in manufacturing the devices; Packaging availability; Prices.