- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/25/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p32
Presents news about food service equipment and operations in the United States recent as of June 2001. Hobart Corp.'s pact with Microban Products Co. to incorporate antimicrobial product protection into its food service equipment; Carrier Corp.'s creation of three new operation divisions.
- Neste puts antibacterial into popular gelcoats. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;04/27/98, Vol. 253 Issue 17, p8
Reports on Neste Chemicals' incorporation of an antibacterial agent developed by Microban into its gelcoat products in Europe.
- Scales management systems. // Progressive Grocer;Dec97 Supplement Sourcebook, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p24
Provides information on Hobart Corporation and Tec America Inc., provider of scales management systems to the food retail industry. Description of the companies; Hobart and Tec America's line of products specialization.
- Hoechst's antimicrobial acetate is aimed at opening categories. McNamara, Michael // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/10/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 30, p24
Reports on the creation of MicroSafe AM, an antimicrobacterial acetate fiber, by Hoechst Celanese Corp. in conjunction with Microban Products Co. Applications of the fiber; Production processes used on the fiber; Microban antimicrobial additive tested safe by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Shrink/stretch wrapping. // Progressive Grocer;Dec97 Supplement Sourcebook, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p50
Provides information on Hobart Corporation and ITW Mima Inc., provider of shrink/stretch wrapping systems for the food retail industry. Some products of Hobart Corporation; Company statement of Hobart; Company description of ITW Mima.
- Equipped to compete. Major, Meg // Progressive Grocer;6/1/2003, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p68
Looks at a number of machines designed to help supermarket operators contend in the food service arena. Components of the FP-250 food processor from Hobart Corp.; Functionality of the Cold Chain Analytic service from Sensitech Inc.; Features of the Flow Over salad/food bar from Amtekco Industries.
- Uncle Ben's announces 'World on a Plate' winners. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/22/99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p62
Announces the winners of Uncle Ben's USA Foodservice's competition on recipes that use Uncle Ben's International Grains as ingredient. Names of winners and description of recipes.
- Sainsbury's launches Microban. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Oct97, Issue 137, p3
Reports that Sainsbury's has rolled out the Microban anti-bacterial kitchenware range to all its supermarkets. Function of Microban anti-bacterial agent; Advertisement of the product; Application of Microban.
- Hoechst Celanese introduces antimicrobial acetate. Thomas, Marita // Textile World;Oct94, Vol. 144 Issue 10, p82
Reports on the development of Microsafe AM, an antimicrobial acetate staple and filament fiber manufactured by Hoechst Celanese Textile Fibers Group and Microban Products Co. of Huntersville, North Carolina. Industrial applications of the product.