LOTS OF FAMILIAR SOLUTIONS: VEGETARIAN CATERING
- WITH LESS EFFORT THAN EXPECTED: Meatless choices enhance catering's appeal for all. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p106
Focuses on the importance of vegetarian menu options in catering. Demographic information on vegetarians; Percentage of cook-to-order stations in total catering sales; Vegetarian foods included in a standard catering menu.
- Catering to the Elite. Endrickson, Paula // Variety;2/2/2015, Vol. 326 Issue 17, p21
The article discusses chef Wolfgang Puck's tenure catering the Governors Ball, which is the official after-party of the Academy Awards ceremony. Topics include Puck's selection of a tapas-style service versus a formal sit-down dinner service, Puck's consideration of strict vegetarian, vegan, or...
- Even Big Easy caterers can cook to please vegetarian palates. Johnson // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the increase in the number of caterers serving vegetables in New Orleans, Louisiana. Popularity of New Orleans caterers for fried seafood; Increase the number of requests for vegetarian meals; Introduction of lesser-known species of vegetables.
- With Tofu Steaks, Vegetable Cutlets: Catering to Vegetarians. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p106
Suggests ways on catering for elegant occasions using vegetarian cookery. List of creative vegetarian entrees for elegant atmospheres; Advantages of using accompaniment dishes; Ingredients and procedure for making Tomato Onion Tart; How to create vegetable appetizers.
- Food Scene for 2015. // Special Events;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p41
The article reports on trends expected to dominate the catering and food service industry in 2015. Topics discussed include the caterers' expectation that cocktails and mini appetizers will be some of the more popular options in the catering business, the industry professionals' prediction that...
- Seasonal starters. Levin, Karen // Vegetarian Times;Dec98, Issue 256, p56
Presents vegetarian recipe for appetizers. Foccacia Finger Sandwiches; Southwestern Pinwheels; Italian Nut Cheese; Hummus-Filled Cucumber Cups; Provencal Bean Dip; Curried Chutney.
- Whip it up! Pierce, Richard // Vegetarian Times;Nov98, Issue 255, p58
Presents instructions for easy-to-make vegetarian desserts. Includes Kanten; Peach Kanten; Basic Tofu Cream; Apricot Pudding; Number of servings; Nutrition content. INSETS: Kanten tips.;Tofu creams..
- PITA POCKETS. Dunnington, Jacqueline // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p26
Presents vegetarian recipes featuring pita pockets. Magic in Your Pockets; Roasted Veggie Power Pack; Herbed Walnut-Mushroom Caviar; Peanutty Filling for School Lunch Pockets; Fiesta Filling for the Pockets; Tamari and Tofu Pita Pocket Centers.
- Fresh from the oven. Farrell-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;Oct98, Issue 254, p56
Presents a collection of bread recipes designed for vegetarians. Millet-Raisin Wheat Bread; Sweet Potato and Pecan Bread; Date-Walnut Bread; Caramelized Onion Bread; Anadama Bread; Potato-Rye Bread with Caraway; Ingredients used; Baking procedure.