From soup to nuggets
- Twitterpated. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses the author's use of a Twitter account to promote Cal Dining at the University of California in Berkeley.
- Vegan victory on campus. Parr, Jan // Vegetarian Times;Apr95, Issue 212, p19
Reports on how students at the University of California in Berkeley have successfully petitioned for improved vegetarian options in the university's dining halls. Involvement of the two campus groups, Students in Support of Animals and the Coalition of Students for Healthy Dorm Food, in the...
- Taking on Trash. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on an approach established by Cal Dining at the University of California, Berkeley minimize food waste during meal preparation by tracking the amount of waste generated, which will modify the way food purchases are made.
- Opportunities Taken or Not: A Woman President's Journey. Eibeck, Pamela // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Apr2012, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
The article profiles first woman president of the University of the Pacific Pamela Eibeck. It is reported that, after becoming a tenured professor at the University of California at Berkeley, Eibeck went on to become dean of the college of engineering at the Texas Tech University. Eibeck says...
- In brief. McGovern, Celeste // Report / Newsmagazine (National Edition);2/3/2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p42
Presents news briefs from around the world. Investigation involving the loss of several vials of bubonic plague from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center; How engineers at the University of California in Berkeley have come up with a machine that can produce several types of products...
- More healthy options. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p90
Talks about the popularity of chicken dishes in universities and colleges in the United States. Information on chicken menus; How chicken is served by caterers; Why chicken remains popular.
- Today's No. 1 Request. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p48
Deals with the popularity of chicken recipes at various universities and colleges in the U.S. Details of the sandwich, pasta and salad offerings at Oklahoma State University; List of chicken dishes at Ohio University; Ways of cooking chicken.
- Cal Dining to Operate UC-Berkeley Concessions. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;5/29/2012, p1
The article reports that Cal Dining will operate the concessions at the University of California (UC)- Berkeley under a 15-year deal beginning July 1, 2012. Cal Dining is part of UC's Housing and Dining Operations, Residential and Student Service Programs (RSSP) and has added John Gibson as its...
- LETTERS. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p16
Comments on the article "Students: No quiero Taco Bell on UCLA Campus" published in the December 1, 2003 issue of "Nation's Restaurant News". Growing movement for fair food; Consumers' call for a fair trade product; Message of the boycott against Taco Bell.