HOW THEY MEASURE UP: Fruit juices and smoothies
- Slimmer smoothies. // Prevention;May2005, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p94
Focuses on Stonyfield Farm Light Smoothies. Description of the smoothies and how they have half the sugar and calories of the original; How they taste; Cost per 10-ounce bottle.
- Natural Fuels. MEAD, NAOMI // Marathon & Beyond;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p90
The article offers guidelines on the foods recommended for runners. The natural alternatives to energy gels are highlighted which include honey, baby food and raisins. Step-by-step instructions on how to create smoothies following a running race are provided. The significance of strengthening...
- GO! Smoothies gives h ealth and wellness a boost. Furay, Steve // Michigan Citizen;8/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 41, pA6
No abstract available.
- Smooth Operators. Marano, Hara Estroff // Psychology Today;May/Jun2009, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p57
The article offers tips on getting vital nutrients and a low-calorie energy boost from fruits. It claims that fruits are naturally refreshing as the temperature climbs, and they are a great source of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and fiber. It suggests that liquefying the whole fruit, as...
- Juice what the doctor ordered. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p14
Presents several charts of fruit juices, smoothies and vegetable juice products and their nutritional value in the U.S. in July 2004. Minute Maid Premium Blends; Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness; Tropicana Essentials Light 'n Healthy Orange Juice Beverage.
- Getting Juiced. Reill, Howard // Frozen Food Age;Dec2007, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p27
This article focuses on the trend towards healthier fruit juices and smoothies in the refrigerated drink industry in the U.S. This category is growing with the introductions of new products, flavors and line extensions. The overall refrigerated juice category is performing well when it comes to...
- The smoothie: multi-faceted member of the beverage world. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Nov2009, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p45
The article offers information on the health benefits and market performance of fruit smoothie in Great Britain. It states that smoothie has a lot of antioxidants needed by the human body for optimum health. It notes that market sales for smoothie have increased by 500 percent which is...
- The Next British Invasion. // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p9
Features the smoothies made from pure crashed fruit that are distributed by the Natural Group, Inc. Flavors; Sizes; Contact information.
- Sunny Island Smoothie. // Highlights;Aug2013, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p31
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a Sunny Island Smoothie with several kinds of fruits.