IN SCHOOLS: Portable packs & snacks suit students today
- DELI DIVERSIFIES. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p69
Looks at the diversity of sandwich offerings in the U.S. school food service market. Number of deli bars at the Wood Dining Services operation in the school districts of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Variety of sandwich offerings in the food service market; Trend toward wraps in Vermont; Examples of...
- FOR ANY MARKET SEGMENT: WOOD RETHINKS RETAIL. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p106
Reports on the addition of Sky Ranch Grill and Salsa Rico to Wood Dining Services' lineup at Community Commons at the College of New Jersey in Trenton, New Jersey. Items featured at Sky Ranch Grill; Business principles of Wood Dining Services; Brand renovation effort.
- RENOVATING FOR EFFICIENCY, HISTORY: St. Andrew's School rebuilds with an eye toward the past. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p42
Offers a look at the renovation of the dining room, kitchen and servery at the Saint Andrew's School in Middletown, Delaware. Background of the school and the cafeteria; Changes made by Wood Dining Services, the company which provide food service to the school; Food offerings at the school's...
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- In brief. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Presents news items concerning the food service industry in the United States. Includes the popularity of the University of Southern California's catering facility as site for parties and special events; CulinArt's appointment of Tom Eich as president; Orion Food Systems' plan of opening four...
- School foodservice leaders receive FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p58
Reports that school foodservice leaders were chosen as winners in the 11th Annual Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards.
- TAKIN' IT TO 'EM: New Mex. students grab b'fast. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increased breakfast participation at an Albuquerque, New Mexico middle school after the district replaced its traditional service with grab-and-go breakfast carts. Statement from Gabriela Pachecho, district nutrition coordinator of Albuquerque; Information on the breakfast...
- Florida School Cafeteria Offers Shopping-mall Style Food Court. Blake, Kathy // Nation's Restaurant News;11/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p43
Features the cafeteria at Bayside High School in Palm Bay, Florida. Characteristics differentiating the food service from traditional cafeterias; Menu concepts; Changes to the original plans for the cafeteria; Food prices.