IN COLLEGES: Grab-n-go adds revenue boost in remote sites
- MOBILE MEALS. Elan, Elissa // FoodService Director;3/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p28
The article offers information on food truck operations of five universities in the U.S. At the University of California, Los Angeles, there are 32 food trucks on campus, with each one feeding about 700 people daily. Food truck operations at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in...
- Truck Stop Dining on Campus. // Food Management;Oct2010, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the food trucks that some colleges in the U.S. are using as an added component to the campus dining mix. The Associated Students of University of California, Los Angeles invited independent food truck operators to become licensed campus food stations. The Massachusetts...
- Politically-Correct Java. // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the Associated Students of the University of California's (ASUCLA) promotion of the Fair Trade Coffee. ASUCLA's agreement with the coffee growers; Qualities of the coffee drink sold.
- UCLA'S NEWEST, CORNELL'S ON THE WEB: UPGRADES PAVE WAY FOR CAMPUS F/S GAINS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the opening of DeNeve residential dining facility at the University of California in Los Angeles. Features of the facility; Food offerings at the facility.
- Food for great thoughts. // Food Management;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p68
Highlights Cafe Synapse in the Gonda Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center at the University of California, Los Angeles. Distinctive features; Average daily traffic; Seating capacity; Annual sales volume; Service style; Staff and consultant.
- Marketplace units 'star' at UCLA. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the success of two marketplace-style dining halls in the University of California's Los Angeles campus. Improvement of bottom-line productivity at the Hedrick and Rieber halls; Plan of one of the closed dining centers to convert into an upscale catering facility.
- UCLA `re-engineers' f/s, adds brands, new options. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p1
Details the radical transformation of the Associated Students of the University of California Los Angeles' (UCLA) dining program. Reopening and repositioning of its food locations; Combinations of lease-space options using national branded concepts and standardizing in-house brands; Projected...
- E Pluribus Unum. Lawn, John // Food Management;Oct2005, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p32
The article reports that Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Massachusetts Institute of Technology has adopted an unusual, free-market model for its campus dining operations. In doing so, the school's foodservice program has moved from a sole-source management contract to one that today is managed...
- UCLA Hospitals Purchasing Antibiotic-free Meat. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p21
The article reports on the partnership of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Health System and the University of California San Francisco Medical Center to offer antibiotic-free proteins on patient and retail menus.