ARAMARK TAKES OVER UNIV. CITY: St. Louis district seeks fdsvc. upgrade with contractor
- Tennessee Titan. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;1/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p24
The article profiles Mary Lou Henry, food service director for Knox County, Tennessee schools. She installed a computerized point-of-sale system, which replaced the old cash register system. Among other things, the new system allows for easier tracking of student meals and transferring of...
- Campus Dining: Students give new facilities better grades. Lohmeyer, Lori // Nation's Restaurant News;8/18/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p60
Focuses on the refurbishment in the campus dining facilities handled by Aramark Corp. in the U.S. Deployment of technology in food service; Response of students to the enhanced services; Estimated number of campus dining accounts managed by Aramark.
- For Grades K-8: Fla. School Supper Program Boosts Meal Counts by 1,500. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Announces the launching of an after-school supper program by the Duval County Schools in Jacksonville, Florida, in partnership with contractor ARAMARK. When the program started; Design of the program; Foods served to students.
- NEW SYSTEM OFFERS CARDS, PINS: BURBANK LUNCH LINES SHRINK. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the implementation of an Accu-Scan point-of-sale system at Burbank Unified School District's cafeteria in California. Disadvantages of using the previous system.
- News Digests. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/30/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p52
The article presents news briefs relevant to food service and restaurants in the U.S. as of June 2008. Foodservice company Redwood Airport Management has opened its first full-service Dunkin' Donuts unit at the Philadelphia International Airport. Bon Appetit Management Co. was selected by...
- Tim Zintz: Well schooled in campus dining. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;6/20/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p34
The article focuses on chef Tim Zintz for whom cooking for college students has become an education in itself. Tim Zintz, a district executive chef for Aramark's Campus Dining Services division has learned volumes as his culinary input becomes integral to the lifestyles of the university...
- Burger With a Side of Cool. Springen, Karen // Newsweek;11/14/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on the increasing popularity of "U.B.U." lounges at high school cafeterias. The lounges, designed by food-service provider Aramark Corp., feature designer furniture and popular music in the effort to make cafeterias more attractive to students. Michael Carr of the National...
- ARAMARK EXPANDS AT OLD DOMINION. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the expansion of the partnership between Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia and Aramark, the university's food service provider, as of December 2002. Description of the Ted Convocation Center established by the university; Menu to be served by Aramark at the convocation center.
- Tent pitches in at U-Alabama. // FoodService Director;11/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the decision of Aramark to build a tent as a temporary solution to the overcrowding of students at the University of Alabama dining facility in Tuscaloosa during peak hours. The tent was erected to accommodate all students for the semester after the delays in building the...