ALL BRANDS IN MISSISSIPPI: Canteen franchisee signs on
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p19
Presents news items concerning on-site food service in the United States as of July 30, 2001. V/Gladieux Enterprises' retention of concessionaire for the downtown home of the Toledo Mud Hens minor league baseball team; North Carolina-based Canteen Vending Services' signing of franchise...
- Canteen Signs RE Services. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p22
Announces the franchising agreement between RE Services LLC and Canteen Vending Services in the United States. Significance of the agreement to the business expansion of Canteen; Financial information on RE Services; Outcome of the merchandising programs of Canteen.
- NEBRASKA OPERATOR SIGNS ON: Canteen franchise grows. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p24
Announces that Valley Vending Service Inc. has joined as a franchisee of Canteen Vending Services in 2001. Background on Valley Vanding; Expansion plans of Valley Vending.
- Five Star Becomes Canteen Franchisee. // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the Canteen franchise agreement signed by Five Star Food Service Inc. and Canteen Vending Services Inc. in the U.S. Under the agreement, Canteen will acquire specific territories of Five Star in the Southeast, while Five Star will also acquire some of the territories and...
- FOR FRANCHISE-BASED GROWTH: CANTEEN SCANS HORIZON. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p34
Offers a look at the franchising agreement between the Canteen Vending Services company and the Horizon Vending company. Information on the business operations of the two companies; Benefit of the franchising agreement; Market coverage of the companies.
- Curtis suicide shocks employees at Luby's. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;03/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the reaction of Luby's Cafeterias Inc. employees to the suicide of the chain's president and chief executive officer (CEO) John E. Curtis Jr. on March 13, 1997. Suicide note left at Curtis' home; Difficulties with the pressures of being CEO; Curtis as an outstanding performer;...
- Erben resigns as chairman of Luby's Cafeterias Inc. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the appointment of John Lahourcade as acting chief executive officer (CEO) and chairman of Luby Cafeterias' in the wake of CEO John E. Curtis' suicide. Resignation of Ralph Erben as chairman.
- "Towards establishing ecology as a science instead of an art": the work of John T. Curtis on the plant community continuum. // Web Ecology;2001, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
Presents historical analysis of aspects of John Curtis' work concerning plant ecology. Overview of plant ecology in the U.S. during the 1940s; Information regarding Curtis' educational and professional background; Details of his investigation of the vegetation of Wisconsin.
- A lonely death in Texas. Pedersen, Daniel // Newsweek;3/31/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 13, p53
Reports on the stabbing suicide death of John E. Curtis Jr. shortly after becoming the chief executive officer of cafeteria chain Luby's. The growing trend of executive suicides in the 1990s; The warning signs, psychological profile, and methods of executive suicide.