DIRECT, PRIME VENDOR OR BUYING GROUP?: COLLEGES MULL PURCHASING
- AT NACUFS IN CINCINNATI: EVOLVING FOR EFFICIENCY. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p10
Interviews various college and university executives in the United States. Action undertaken by Ted Mayer, executive director at Harvard University, to address labor shortages; Plans of Jeff DeMoss, director of West Virginia University, to redesign school dining locations; How Walter Griffin,...
- Balancing Acts. // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p10
Presents the views of several U.S. foodservice university operators on the top business concerns for the 2004-2005 academic year. Top concern of Ted Mayer, executive director of dining services from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts; Major issue in terms of food according to C....
- Ted Mayer. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p37
The article profiles Ted Mayer, executive director of Harvard University Dining Services in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Mayer is a recipient of International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's 2006 Silver Plate Award for introducing highly efficient systems, contemporary menus, and an...
- Taking food literally. Pond, James // FoodService Director;9/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the efforts of Ted Mayer, director of dining services at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, to improve food literacy among students. Definition of food literacy according to Mayer; Information on the Savory Spotlights menu program; Views of Mayer on the success in...
- Mayer gears up for a new challenge, takes over direction of harvard's dining services. Blake, Kathy // Nation's Restaurant News;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p54
Reports on the appointment of Ted Mayer as director of dining services at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Challenge of continuing the legacy of excellence; Priority of honing the culinary skills of his staff.
- Blue Horses. Griffin, Walter // Confrontation;Fall/Winter2005, Issue 92/93, p239
Presents the poem "Blue Horses," by Walter Griffin. First Line: Only the abandoned gate; Last Line: where only the pardoned enter.
- Ted Mayer named dining svcs. dir. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p21
Announces the appointment of Ted Mayer as director of dining services of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. When the appointment becomes effective; Previous employment of Mayer; Responsibilites which will accrue to Mayer; Comments from Mayer; Person who Mayer succeeds.
- Institutional foodservice gets long-awaited recognition. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p16
Announces that New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Association honored Walter Griffin, director of dining services at Phillips Exeter Academy for the past 12 years with its Hospitality Lifetime Achievement Award. Factors that contributed to Griffin's growth as a foodservice professional; Goals...
- Old Men and Laundromats. Griffin, Walter // Ploughshares;Spring2006, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p45
Presents the poem "Old Men and Laundromats," by Walter Griffin. First Line: After the initial terror of; Last Line: always forgetting something.