SURPLUS FOOD CONTRIBUTIONS: Bill seeks food donor tax relief
- Senate committee approves charitable-giving legislation. // New Jersey Jewish News;3/28/2013, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p12
The article focuses on the approval of the senate bill S-2532 by the New Jersey Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee which will enable out-of-state donors to give financial contributions without facing any tax law.
- New Bill Would Encourage Gifts of Inventory. // Nonprofit World;May/Jun2012, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the legislative bill, the Charitable Contribution and Parity Enhancement Act, in the U.S. House of Representatives that would allow small businesses a tax benefit for donating excess inventory.
- TAX-RELIEF CAP TO HARM DONATIONS. Allen, James // Accountancy;May2012, Vol. 148 Issue 1425, p37
The article discusses the impact of a proposal by Great Britain's federal government to cap tax relief on charitable donations which includes the results of a Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) survey that found wealthy donors thought the legislation would affect their charitable giving.
- What you should know about Haitian donations and the IRS. Grill Jr., Norman G. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p22
The article offers information about H.R. 4462 or An Act to Accelerate the Income Tax Benefits for Charitable Cash Contributions for the Relief of Victims of the Earthquake in Haiti, which was signed into law by U.S. President Barack Obama on January 22, 2010.
- U.S. Senate OKs tax relief bill for PH donations. // Filipino Reporter;3/14/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p5
The article reports on the passage by the U.S. Senate of the Philippines Charitable Giving Assistance Act in March 2014 that gives tax relief for those making donations to support Typhoon Haiyan recovery efforts in the Philippines.
- IRAs offer big tax savings for charitable gifts. MAROTTA, DAVID JOHN // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/29/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p9
The author discusses the issue concerning the U.S. Pension Protection Act provisions which allow individual retirement account (IRA) holders to make charitable distributions from their IRA. He notes that the gifts can be utilized to meet the annual required minimum distributions of IRA holders....
- TAX RELIEF CAP: MAKING POLICY ON THE HOOF? DODWELL, BILL // Accountancy;May2012, Vol. 148 Issue 1425, p40
In this article the author explores Great Britain's Budget 2012 and whether it met the objectives of clear communication of tax policy outlined in the Tax Policy Making document released by the federal government in June 2010. He focuses on a proposed tax relief cap scheduled to be introduced in...
- Charitable Deductions. Handler, David A. // Trusts & Estates;2013 Tax Year Supplement, p15
The article discusses the American income tax law implications of charitable deductions as of January 2013, focusing on the U.S. Department of the Treasury's adoption of final regulations in regards to trusts, wills, and Sections 1.642(c)-3 and 1.643(a)-5 of the nation's Internal Revenue Code.
- Seventh Circuit Agrees--No Charitable Deduction for House Donated for Burn Practice. // Federal Tax Course Letter;Apr2012, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses a court case wherein the taxpayers's lake houses donated to the volunteer fire department to be used for burn practice was burned and they claim a charitable contribution deduction for the value of the house. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit upheld a Tax...