ASFSA PRESSES SCHOOLS ON ALLERGIES: School fdsvc. tasked with food allergy prevention
- ONLY 19% MEETING GUIDELINES: ASFSA warns of 'nutrition gap'. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p22
Deals with the warning issued by the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) on the nutrition gap among school children. Results of the 2001 School Nutrition Dietary Assessment; Aim of ASFSA on the gap between nutrition menu offerings in schools and student's consumption.
- Ag bill gets a boost from ASFSA. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the United States Senate Agriculture Committee's passage of the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Bill which includes provisions in the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA). Funding for the Meals for Achievement Act; Extension of the age limit for after-school snacks to 18;...
- Healthy Lunchrooms For Healthy Students. Connolly, Sally Ann // Education Week;4/3/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in on the topic of school lunch nutrition and its impact on the health of students.
- Today's healthy option. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p112
States that students in the United States prefer to eat seafood for its health benefits. Features of the seafood menu items at University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida; Most popular fish consumed; Style of serving shellfish; Different cooking styles for salmon.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture is providing grants for farm-to-school programs. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;4/18/2012, p8
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to invest in farm-to-school programs nationwide to help eligible schools improve the health and well being of their students and connect with local agricultural producers.
- PlanificaciÃ³n nutricional de los menÃºs escolares para los centros pÃºblic0s de la Comunidad de Madrid. Del Pozo, S.; Cuadrado, C.; Rodríguez, M.; Quintanilla, L.; Ávila, J. M.; Moreiras, O. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;nov-dic2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p667
Some nutritional unbalances have been observed in menus served at dining rooms of schools from the Community of Madrid (CM): small portions, inter-day variations up to 50% of energy intake, unbalances in caloric and lipidic profiles, little variety, lack of parental information, etc. The...
- WITH COUNSELING && WELLNESS MENUS: Taylor Univ. focuses on `individual diet needs'. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p56
States that Taylor University in Upland, Indiana, has a line-up of food service concepts and items with emphasis on individual diet needs and overall counseling and education. Introduction of exhibition cooking; Revenues of the two food service sites inside the campus; Health benefits of the...
- Foundation Receives Grant for New Project. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p24
Reports that the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) affiliate, School Food Service Foundation has received a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture to implement the School Cafeterias as Community Kitchens Project. Objectives of the program; Comments of ASFSA...
- MICROBIAL TESTING RULES BACKFIRE: Schools brace for shortage of ground beef, other meat. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p22
Announces that school cafeterias across the United States can expect a shortage of ground beef from the Department of Agriculture's Commodity Distribution Program, at least for the beginning of school year 2000-2001. Cause of the shortage; Action taken by the American School Food Service...