AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: NUTRITION EXPERTS WANT USDA TO REBUILD THE FOOD PYRAMID
- The Future of the Food Pyramid. Kipp, Amanda // Access;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the development of a new food pyramid scheme in the U.S. Reason for the change of food scheme; Design for the new food guide.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid Nutrition Education Resources. Heidal, Kimberly; Lewis, Nancy // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p209
This article presents information on some newly developed nutrition education resources that can be used to educate heart patients about the health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids. These resources also help them to increase their ability to identify a variety of foods high in omega-3 fatty acids...
- BUT ACCORDING TO OTHER EXPERTS: Pyramid 'still relevant' while messages confuse. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p16
Reports that other nutrition experts still sees the relevance of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Guide Pyramid. Overview of the Pyramid; Contention of professor Walter Willett that the Pyramid is flawed; Response of the USDA to the criticisms.
- Teaching Day-by-Day: Food Fitness. Bromley, Karen // Teaching Pre K-8;Oct2003, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p88
Presents a day-to-day guidelines for teaching food fitness in the U.S. for the month of October 2003. Heart health for week one; Focus on hygiene in week two; Promotion of sports activities in week four.
- SCHOLASTIC News Teacher's Edition Vol. 76 No. 9, November 19, 2007. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6 (Teacher's Edition);11/19/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 9, pT1
A teacher's guide to the Vol 76 No.9 November 19, 2007 issue of "Scholastic News--Edition 5/6 (Teacher's Edition)" is presented. Topics covered include essential concepts about nutrition and diet, the rise of fitness gyms catering to kids, the mandated moments of silence in the U.S. and the...
- Changes in Consumers' Knowledge of Food Guide Recommendations, 1990-91 Versus 1994-95. Guthrie, Joanne F.; Derby, Brenda // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1998, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p42
Presents a study which assessed the awareness of people in the United States about the specific food group recommendations of the Food Guide Pyramid between 1990-1991 and 1994-1995. Methods; Results; Discussion and conclusions.
- NUTRITION IN MEDICINE: DIABETES AND WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: ABERRATIONS IN GLUCOSE MANAGEMENT. Zeisel, Stephen // Nutrition in Clinical Care;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p36
Evaluates the educational material entitled 'Nutrition in Medicine: Diabetes and Weight Management: Aberrations in Glucose Management,' edited by Stephen Zeisel. Preview of contents; Topics included; Contact information.
- NUTRITION IN MEDICINE: NUTRITION AND GROWTH. Zeisel, Stephen // Nutrition in Clinical Care;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p35
Presents the educational material entitled 'Nutrition in Medicine: Nutrition and Growth,' edited by Stephen Zeisel. Preview of contents; Topics included; Contact information.
- Team Nutrition's Teacher Handbook: Tips, Tools and Jewels for Busy Educators. Kicklighter, Jana R. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p128
Features the audiotape and handbook entitled 'Team Nutrition's Teacher Handbook: Tips, Tools and Jewels for Busy Educators,' by S. Shepherd and C. Whitehead. Summary of needed information in implementing the Team Nutrition Curricula; Design of the product; Price of the items.