WITH DEE HARDY AT THE HELM: NACUFS sets internal review leaders, regions, education
- Students' activism, allergies top agenda at NACUFS confab. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;8/7/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p8
The article highlights the annual conference of the National Association of College & University Food Services in Toronto, Ontario. The social pressure put by politically active college students who are pressing for their vision of fairer treatment of on-campus foodservice workers and the...
- GM HOLDS BAKING SEMINAR. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p125
The article reports on the baking seminar conducted by General Mills Corp. during the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) Continental Region baking seminar, which was held at the company's headquarter in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The firm's corporate chef Scott...
- Bejeweled Beauty. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p18
The article offers information on the jewelry business of Dee Hardy, director of dining services at the University of Richmond in Virginia. It states how Dee's interest in jewelry was enticed through a visit in a bead shop while attending a convention in Baltimore, Maryland. It also states that...
- Her Own Woman. RAAMSEY, LINDSEY // FoodService Director;4/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p34
The article profiles Dee Hardy, associate vice president (VP) for Campus Services at the University of Richmond in Virginia and one of the recipients of the 2011 International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) Silver Plate Award. The role of 1990 Silver Plate recipient Ron Inlow in...
- A grateful adieu to Dee. Gropp, Louis Oliver // House Beautiful;Jul96, Vol. 138 Issue 7, p55
Reports on the retirement of Dee Hardie as contributing editor of the magazine `House Beautiful.' Recollections of times spent with Hardie; Readers' letters in appreciation of Hardie's articles.
- A woman of letters. Hardie, Dee // House Beautiful;Nov92, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p176
Recounts the author's letter opening ritual in the mornings at Thornhill Farm. How letters lead to the meeting of Dee and Thomas Hardie; Letters that can shape a person's character; Details.
- The eighth day of the week. Hardie, Dee // House Beautiful;Jul96, Vol. 138 Issue 7, p118
Presents the author's musings as she writes her last article for her column for the magazine `House Beautiful.' Letters and phone calls from readers; Lecture sessions conducted in relation to the column; Recollections of events tied up with writing the column.
- Leading to make a difference. Bethel, Sheila Murray // Food Management;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on strategies to develop leadership skills in the food service management setting. Discussion of how leadership qualities apply in the food service environment; Aspects to consider in aiming at having leadership to make a difference.
- Perfect Vision. Wishna, Victor // Restaurant Business;03/15/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p48
Focuses on the `Restaurant Business' periodical's High Impact Leadership Awards for the year 2000. Selection of the winners; Qualities of an ideal leader in the restaurant industry.