ENCOURAGES PARTICIPATION: PARENTS BUY SCHOOL BREAKFAST FOR $1.00
- Breakfast in school can make a difference. // Current Health 1;Dec94, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on school breakfast programs in the United States. Standards; Sample menus; Costs; Benefits; Experiences of children who don't eat breakfast; Health benefits of eating breakfast.
- TAKE A PEEK ON VA SCHOOL DIST.'S NEW WEB: What's on the Internet at Fairfax. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the school breakfast programs promoted at Fairfax County's web site. Information which can be found in the Web site; Details on the studies conducted regarding the benefits of eating breakfast.
- In Fla. District: Breakfast on the bus eases cafeteria rush. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p6
Reports on breakfast served on buses to two two schools in Polk County District in Florida. Benefits of the service; Comments from food service specialist Ann Donaway; Breakfast menu offered.
- START SCHOOL WITH BREAKFAST. // NEA Today;Winter2012, p75
The article discusses a report about school breakfast services entitled "Start School with Breakfast: A Guide to Increasing Breakfast Participation," by the National Education Association's (NEA) Health Information Network (HIN), available online at www.neahin.org/startschoolwithbreakfast.
- K-12 Breakfasts Up. // Food Management;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the popularity acceleration of School Breakfast Program in the U.S. since its establishment in 1991.
- In-school breakfast program growing with the help from USDA. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/28/97, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p16
Focuses on Portland Public Schools' doubling of its participation in its breakfast plan as a result of a US Department of Agriculture program. Features of the schools' program; Average number of students that ate breakfast in school; Comment by Robert L. Honson, director of foodservice for the...
- Experimental program serves up breakfast for all students. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;1/11/95, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the pilot program run by the state of Minnesota to provide free breakfasts to all students. Sponsor of the program; Supplementation of federal funding; Success of the program.
- Back to school and breakfast. QUIRIN, JOHNNY // Grand Rapids Family Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p34
The article presents responses of several children of the Baxter Child Care Center in Michigan on their favorite things about going back to school, as well as their favorite breakfasts to eat before going to the school.
- School counts many benefits of serving breakfast. // Curriculum Review;May92, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the benefits of schools serving breakfast. Results of serving breakfast at the Gibbon, Nebraska Public Schools; How the working parents and students who come to school early view the morning meal; How the breakfast offerings started in Nebraska Public School; Food service director's...