KEEPING IN STEP WITH STUDENTS: Univ. of Nevada brand swap to boost burger, coffee sales
- Powerful Persuader. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p18
The article features Russ Meyer, associate director of residential life, housing and food services for University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) and his efforts to make the university a Center of Excellence. Before Thanksgiving 2005, Chartwells College and University Dining Services, a division of...
- Nevada-Reno Goes into Farm Business. // FoodService Director;6/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that the University of Nevada at Reno has launched High Desert Farming Initiative that aims to grow its own produce to benefit the university's dining services.
- Cycling Geek. // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p32
The article features Russ Meyer, director of dining services at the University of Nevada at Reno in Nevada. Meter opted to go cycling after tearing his tendon for being a runner. He decided to bike from Reno to San Jose, California, to raise funds for the Clark DeHaven scholarship. He sees...
- AT UNIV. OF NEVADA-RENO: Liaison maintains vision of contract f/s program. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p42
Offers a look at the food service operation of Chartwells at the University of Nevada in Reno. Enhancements in the food service; Kinds of foods served; Remarks from the director of dining and conference services.
- By Year End 2000: U. of Nevada Launches $500,000 Remodel Plan. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p22
Deals with the implementation of Chartwells' Profiles in Good Taste food service program at the University of Nevada in Reno. Explanations from Russ Meyer, director of dining and conference services; Estimated cost of the foodcourt renovations; Issue on prices.
- San Diego College intros Rice King. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the introduction of Rice King, a local Oriental fast-food concept, at San Diego City College, California. Sales gain; Healthier and wider food choices; Price range; Other branded concepts at the college.
- New bedfellows. // Progressive Grocer;Dec97, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p12
Reports that McDonald's Restaurant have partnered with Ukrop's at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. How the partnership fits into the marketing segment of the university.
- Re-capturing the "Liberated" Customer. Lawn, John // Food Management;Sep2005, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p10
Presents information related to fast food restaurants. Information that Quickservice restaurants, c-stores and service chains that already have a dominating presence in shopping malls, urban downtowns and suburban intersections have been desperately seeking new locations and customers for years;...
- First College Campus California Pizza Kitchen Opens at Hofstra. // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p9
This article reports on the opening of the first California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) Express on a college campus at Hofstra University's Student Center Atrium in Hempstead, New York. Some of the food included in a CPK menu are pizza, pasta, salad and sandwiches. There are options for students to...