WITH BRANDING, TAKE-OUT APPROACH: Pentagon to update dining
- NEW OPERATORS REPORTING FOR DUTY: Fast-food, take-out top Pentagon's f/s priorities. Pond, James // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p118
Focuses on the food service operated by the United States Department of Defense Concessions Committee at the Pentagon. Features of the food facilities; Overview of restaurant brands offered; Operational responsibilities of vending machines in the Pentagon.
- Pentagon maps out strategy for dining-hall revamp. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;03/10/97, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the revamp of the US Department of Defense headquarters' foodservice section. Budget allotted for the renovation; Updating of foodservice outlets; Remodeling of the main dining room; Design planned for the dining room's menu; Other changes planned for the foodservice section.
- Georgia surveys 17,000 about f/s. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the Georgia Department of Education, School & Community Nutrition in Atlanta as the first agency in the United States to administer the National Food Service Management Institute's (NFSMI) High School Foodservice Survey on a statewide basis. Aims of the survey which can be access...
- Restaurant Inspection Scores. // Fort Worth Business Press;2/14/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p42
Deals with the inspection scores received by several restaurants from the Fort Worth Public Health Department in Texas in 2005. Acapulco Restaurant; Amigos Food Mart #3; Burger King; Domino's Pizza; El Potosino.
- Nearly half of Mexico's children suffer from lead poisoning. // La Prensa San Diego;1/2/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p5
No abstract available.
- STATE OF TENNESSEE: Cook-chill center registers per-meal food cost redux. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the cost reduction efforts of Sodexho Marriott Services at its cook-chill center, which provides food to government agencies in the state of Tennessee. Reduction of the company's workforce; Government agencies served by the center; Foods served by Sodexho.
- Chapter 8: Compliance and Enforcement. // FDA Food Code 2005;2005, p189
The article offers information on the food code 1-102.10, enforced by regulatory authorities in the U.S. to ensure unadulterated and safe food. Topics discussed include assessment of food service equipment and sanitation facilities by authorities before enforcing the code, imposement of...
- VA Health Care: Food Service Operations and Costs at Inpatient Facilities: HEHS-00-17. // GAO Reports;11/19/1999, p1
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) spent about $429 million to provide food services at 172 of its 175 inpatient health care locations in fiscal year 1998. Although some of this money went for nutrition needs assessments, counseling, and other patient-related activities, most--$337...
- Food Security Awareness Training. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p55
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services have joined forces to provide a food security awareness training program to help reduce the risk of an attack on the food supply. The training targets individuals who play an...