ASFSA PREDICTS HEALTH IMPROVEMENT: Vending pilot seeks milk boost
- ASFSA looks to act locally, globally on nutrition issues. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;8/20/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p21
Reports on the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) launch of a study designed to increase students' consumption of milk and to improve school meals worldwide. Partnership between ASFSA and National Dairy Council; Percentage of students in U.S. that drink milk; Status of global...
- Milk - the calcium connection. // Food Management;Oct98, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p66
Reveals that children in the United States are drinking less milk and more than half are not getting enough calcium in their diet, according to the National Dairy Council. Health benefits of milk; Amount of calcium supplied by dairy foods; Recommendations for the daily intake of milk. INSET:...
- DMI launches initiatives to reach kids. // Dairy Field;May98, Vol. 181 Issue 5, p12
Describes the initiatives of National Dairy Council to promote the consumption of milk among children in the United States. Milk and dairy products as an essential part of a healthy diet; Expected number of children to be reached by the program.
- BMP's challenge to get milk back into our glasses. Hall, Emma // Campaign;06/16/2000, Issue 24, p22
Reports on the British National Dairy Council's (NDC) advertising campaign for the milk industry with the aim to get people to drink more milk. Celebrities that have been enlisted by the NDC for the campaign; Description of ads.
- Dairy Checkoff Kicks Off Second Year of Fuel Up to Play 60 Program. // Dairy Foods;Oct2010, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p15
The article reports on the Fuel Up to Play 60, an in-school nutrition and physical activity program by the National Dairy Council (NDC), which will run in more than 60,000 schools in the U.S. during the 2010-2011 school year.
- Milking It! // Irish Farmers Monthly;Apr2013, p37
A photograph which shows several students of Dominican College who won in the 2012 National Dairy Council (NDC) Milk it Awards is presented.
- Chocolate milk - an exercise recovery drink: further evidence. O'Donovan, Caroline // Irish Farmers Monthly;Aug2011, p26
The article presents the results of a study from Ireland's National Dairy Council (NDC) which reveals the health benefits of the consumption of chocolate milk on subsequent exercise performance and protein synthesis.
- NEW 'MILK IN ACTION' CAMPAIGN. // Irish Farmers Monthly;Nov2010, p12
The article reports on the nationwide advertising campaign entitled Milk in Action, launched by the National Dairy Council in Ireland with the aim of promoting the consumption and nutritional benefits of dairy and milk.
- STUDENTS DO THEIR PART BY: DRINKING MILK FOR F/S. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p14
Reports the victory of schools in Nebraska and Utah in a National Dairy Council promotion that pitted contestants against each other in a milk-drinking contest. Prizes given; Other sponsors of the contest.