PROPER NOZZLE SELECTION IN SEWER CLEANING
- ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN. Gunn, Erik // Municipal Sewer & Water;Oct2011, p40
The article focuses on the sewer maintenance program of Great Neck Water Pollution Control District in Long Island, New York. It states that the district is serving 15,000 dwellers of five Nassau County villages with some unincorporated territories. It indicates that Great Neck uses a variety of...
- SUBMERSIBLE ELECTRIC PUMP: Site Dewatering Problems. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/19/2005, Vol. 255 Issue 11, p36
This article presents information on fully submersible electric pumps designed by ABS Pumps Inc. These pumps require no priming and can be left unattended for hours quietly working below the water, says the maker. The sealed motor design features automatic protection and the double outer casting...
- Negative Effects of Air/Gas on Pump Performance, NPSHA/NPSHR. Budris, Allan R. // WaterWorld;Jan2010, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on the negative impact of the higher amount of air or gas on pump reliability in the U.S. Entrained air is created through a leak in the suction piping and from the decaying of sewerage which can lead to the detrimental functioning of the bowl bearing of the water vertical...
- Solution of Some Problems Arising During Operation of Oil Pipeline Pumps in Off-Design Conditions. Ivanyushin, A. A.; Kutsenko, V. A.; Lugovaya, S. O. // Chemical & Petroleum Engineering;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 40 Issue 1/2, p99
The article presents solution of some problems arising during operation of oil pipeline pumps in off-design conditions. To solve the problems, it is proposed either to finish the spiral outlet or to install a simplified GD in the gap between the impeller outlet and the existing two-volute spiral...
- Air and gas pockets in sewerage pressure mains. Lubbers, C. L.; Clemens, F. // Water Science & Technology;2005, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p37
In The Netherlands, wastewater is collected in municipal areas and transported to large centralised WWTPs by means of an extensive system of pressure mains. Over the past decades these pressure mains did not receive much attention in terms of monitoring of performance or maintenance. For that...
- Find stories that make a difference for your utility at MSWmag.com. Laggis, Luke // Municipal Sewer & Water;Sep2013, p10
Several blogs are presented at the website of the journal including sewer cleaning by Thames Water crew in Surrey, England, nozzles for high-pressure water jet cleaning and private water contract.
- E. Baton Rouge Sewer Agency to Cut Overflows With $165M Issue. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/13/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33096, p3
The article reports on the plan of the East Baton Rouge Sewerage Commission to finance the next phase of capital projects for the reduction and prevention of sewer overflows with proceeds from a $165 million revenue bond issue in Louisiana. It states that the state government will comply with a...
- LA embarks on major sliplining effort. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;May95, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p47
Reports on the NCOSNOS Maze Pipeline Rehab Phase 1A, a sewer pipeline rehabilitation project in Los Angeles, California. Features of the ID HDPE Exterior Profile Wall liner pipe from Plexco; Details on the pushing force used; Use of a density grout.
- Houston takes on massive sliplining project. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;May95, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p48
Reports on the relining of concrete sewer lines as part of the rehabilitation of the sanitary sewer system within Houston, Texas. Design considerations; Relining options; Use of a foam grout.