IPBA Active Again; Promotes Pipebursting Benefits
- The game is up, councillor. Willock, Rob // Contract Journal;7/2/2003, Vol. 419 Issue 6433, p36
Comments on infrastructure plans in Great Britain. Measure being taken by the Civil Engineering Contractors' Association.
- 'Report card' on America's infrastructure. // Concrete Construction;Dec2003, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p19
Reports on the American Society of Civil Engineers' 2003 Progress Report for America's Infrastructure. Rating of 12 infrastructure categories.
- Bleak future must force new thinking. Ducker, Steve // European Power News;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p15
Reports on the publication of the State of the Nation document on national infrastructure by the Institution of Civil Engineers in Great Britain. Criticism against the inadequacy of government planning to meet the security of supply issues; Issues on urban regeneration and design, integrated...
- Infrastructure merger plan. Lombard, Daniel // Third Sector;2/19/2013, Issue 741, p5
The article reports on ongoing negotiations among local infrastructure bodies Voluntary Action Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea Social Council and Community and Voluntary Sector Association Hammersmith and Fulham to form a single organization that would cover London, England.
- A $75-billion regional plan. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/26/96, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p10
Reports from the New York City-based Regional Planning Association five-part campaign covering $75-billion infrastructure cost. Cost of environmental campaign; Improvement to economy by year 2020.
- Engineering groups unite to build a safer Canada. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p14
Association of Consulting Engineers of Canada (ACEC) has teamed up with the three other main engineering bodies in Canada to present a more effective case for civil infrastructure renewal. The four groups, including the Canadian Academy of Engineering, the Canadian Council of Professional...
- Infrastructure Interdependencies. Disera, Dave // GEOWorld;Apr2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on the move of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) to conduct a study about geospatial infrastructure interdependencies strategies in the U.S. The Presidential Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection and the Geospatial Information & Technology Association...
- The Innovation Deficit in Urban Water: The Need for an Integrated Perspective on Institutions, Organizations, and Technology. Kiparsky, Michael; Sedlak, David L.; Thompson, Barton H.; Truffer, Bernhard // Environmental Engineering Science;Aug2013, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p395
Interaction between institutional change and technological change poses important constraints on transitions of urban water systems to a state that can meet future needs. Research on urban water and other technology-dependent systems provides insights that are valuable to technology researchers...
- America's infrastructure fails the test. // American City & County;Apr2005, Vol. 120 Issue 4, p24
Presents information on the results of the 2005 Report Card for America's Infrastructure released by the Reston, Virginia-based American Society of Civil Engineers. Concern on the low grades for water and wastewater infrastructure; Basis of the infrastructure evaluation.